Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Kongyik 28 posts 170 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 11:12
    Peter Kongyik

TinyMCE - localization in 7.2.1

Hey guys!

I'd like to localize the tinyMCE plugin. I've already found a bunch of langauge js files related to the editor, however when I change my backoffice user's langage in the "Users" section to something other than English (like German), I see the backoffice UI is displayed in German, but the tinyMCE editor remains English.

My question is how to make the tinyMCE editor localized and use the same language as my backoffice user has?

cheers,
    Peter

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 12:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

I can't remember if that happens when a user is logged in using a certain language. You should be able to easily test this by creating a user and assigning another language to the user in order to see if the tools in the editor are also being displayed in that language.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 11, 2015 @ 01:24
    Peter Kongyik

Hi Jan!

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the method described has no effect, I still see the tinyMCE editor being English.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 05:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

Ok - Then I can't remember if it's possible to do it I'm afraid. But perhaps some of the other bright minds in here know how to do it.

/Jan

Mar 11, 2015 @ 11:51
    Peter Kongyik

It seems that, this is a very annoying bug. I've deleted all of the lang js file under /umbraco_client/Tinymce3/Lang/ folder and the editor is still in English. I think somewhere these values are hardcoded, and the lang files have no effect.

Jan 06, 2016 @ 11:02
    Peter Kongyik

Ah, string are hardcoded unfortunately. Had to edit the related plugin.min.js files located under /umbraco/lib/tinymce/plugins/ folder.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft