Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 16:47
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Umbraco Forms - form entries report

I have just created a voting form for our website which appears on each page of content.

The form asks for feedback on the specific page of content. Sadly, despite recording the page from which a form was submitted in the UmbracoPageID field of the UFRecords table this is not displayed in the back office on the form entries page. The only fields displayed are values from the form itself. We would like a report where we are able to see and export other fields such as page id and date/time created so we can see how different pages rate.

I guess we could create a bespoke report of our own, but how easy would it be to add the additional fields to the form entries report in the back office, and even better HOW?

• Tim Watts 90 posts 395 karma points
    Jan 23, 2017 @ 16:21
    Tim Watts

I know this is an old post but I was looking into this myself.

The 'entries' view can be found in App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\BackOffice\Form\Entries.html

The list is populated using the javascript App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\js\umbraco.forms.js

Look for the function limitRecordFields (in umbraco 7.5.3 it's at line 1580). This function loops through the fields and outputs the first three fields, and the last four. This is the function you'll need to change but the UmbracoPageId is not in the array of available fields.

Tim

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Jan 25, 2017 @ 10:37
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Hi Tim, Thanks for your reply. I actually found the perfect solution shortly after my original post. The solution is at the end of this thread.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/54850-setting-Field-value-from-razor-form-page

Essentially create a hidden property on the form and set the default to the bracketed property as per page 22 of the document in the above article (see below). [#pageID] is also an option for the default property and I can confirm that this works. I did find a list of these properties some time ago but for the life of me can't find it again.

enter image description here

I used a similar solution for creating a custom form workflow where I have a voting form on each page. I wanted an email to be sent to a different recipient based on the page the form was submitted from. So, I created a document property (alias pollEmailRecipient) which would be populated in content with an email address, and in the workflow set the receiver email value to the document property value (see below)

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft