Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcus Maunula 229 posts 386 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 17:31
    Marcus Maunula

Reserved Datatypes disappearing when upgrading

I have this strange issue when upgrading a site from previous version (6) to 7.2.2. Some of the reserved types like umbracoUrlAlias, umbracoUrlName, umbracoNaviHide seems to disappear from editing (they still exist in the doctype). I get no ysod, no angular complaints. No nothing. These are all set on the highest documenttype in the hierarchy.

What could possibly cause this and have anyone seen something similar?7

Thanks in advance.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 20:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcus

How have you setup your document types? What does your structure look like? I'm not sure but maybe it can be related to some changes in the introduction of document type compositions.

What steps did you take in order to do the upgrade? Did you follow the documentation etc?

/Jan

Mar 11, 2015 @ 09:53
    Marcus Maunula

Hi Jan,

Thank you for taking the time.

It has only one composition set, the base document type as far as I know. As for upgrade problems, there were some others issues but this seems to be unrelated.

Structure is like this:

-BaseDoc(where the reserved types reside)

- BaseContainer

- BaseContent

- Variuos Doctypes

- Several other docytypes

Like that approx.

Mar 11, 2015 @ 11:17
    Marcus Maunula

Looks like you were right, some of the inherited docs did not have the base as part of the composition. I guess you need both the one above and it's mother?

Seems it was premature. Clicking in the anscestor did not reveal the boxes on the chidl document. It's really baffling.

Mar 11, 2015 @ 17:18
    Marcus Maunula

Still couldn't find any obvious reason for this. I have edited the compositions and found no strange items.

I should add that these fields exist in the database etc. Nothing is gone what I can see. Total mystery this.

Mar 12, 2015 @ 14:19
    Marcus Maunula

Btw, anyone know where to find these in the database? I don't know where the actual AliasInfo is stored to see if they are wrong somehow.

The database seems to be in working order otherwise.

Mar 12, 2015 @ 15:29
    Marcus Maunula

Ok I have finally solved it. It seems that upgrades could result in properties that span multiple hierarchies to not get the relevant
    index in cmsContentType2ContentType. Do not know whether this is as intended or not?

Thank you Jan for pointing me in the right direction.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft