Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars 66 posts 136 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 14:13
    Lars

Umbraco 7 installation fails

Hi. I have used Visual Studio and the Umbraco NuGet package to install Umbraco locally and it works. When I deploy to the server I get a white screen like below when trying to log in. I can not log in remotely. I can see the database, the login is correct and the database connection string is right. Does anyone know what is wrong?

The URL says myWebSite/umbraco#/login/false

// Lars

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 14:22
    Sören Deger

Hi Lars,

Without more info, the cause is not easy to find. Have you any specific errors in the log file (can you find here: /App_Data/logs/umbracoTraceLog.txt)? And please have a look into the google chrome console. Can you find any javascript errors?

Maybe the folder permissions of umbraco are not correct? Have you also check this?

Best,

Sören

Mar 11, 2015 @ 14:35
    Lars

Hi Søren

Thank you for your answer. I will have a look at immediately and return asap.

//Lars

Mar 11, 2015 @ 15:34
    Lars

Hi Søren

I have a javaScript error:

No url found for api name legacyTreeJs

...0]||!(b=b.parent())[0])return;var e=b.prop("href"),j=f.$$rewrite(e);e&&!b.attr("...
    I see some errors in the logfile as well
    2015-03-11 15:16:18,517 [53] ERROR Umbraco.Web.UI.CdfLogger - [Thread 41] Could not load file contents from /umbraco/developer/RelationTypes/TreeMenu/ActionDeleteRelationType.js. Domain is not white-listed.
    2015-03-11 15:16:18,517 [53] ERROR Umbraco.Web.UI.CdfLogger - [Thread 41] Could not load file contents from /umbraco/developer/RelationTypes/TreeMenu/ActionNewRelationType.js. Domain is not white-listed.
    Do you have any idea what this is all about?
    /Lars

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 15:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lars

How are you doing the deploy? To me it seems like you're missing some files so it would be nice to know your process. People do it in many different ways.

/Jan

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 15:43
    Sören Deger

Hi Lars,

I don't know this error. But I have found this site which a similar error and description how you can solve it. Maybe this can help you:

https://www.dionach.com/blog/umbraco-cms-local-file-inclusion

Best,

Sören

Mar 11, 2015 @ 18:46
    Lars

Hi Both

Thank your for your quick replies.

Jan: It is deployed from an Umbraco package downloadet from the Umbraco site. The final URL is an https. I have done this deployment before and never with these kind of problems.

Søren: Your link looks fine and I'll check it out and return asap

/Lars

Mar 11, 2015 @ 18:48
    Lars

Hi Both

Thank your for your quick replies.

Jan: It is deployed from an Umbraco package downloadet from the Umbraco site. The final URL is an https. I have done this deployment before and never with these kind of problems.

Søren: Your link looks fine and I'll check it out and return asap

/Lars

Mar 11, 2015 @ 21:19
    Lars

HI Sören

We deployed this way:

Manual deploy:
    - Created folder for site.
    - Added "IIS_Users" modify right to site folder.
    - Unzipped umbraco in folder.
    - In IIS done "Add virtual directory" pointing to directory.
    - Converted virtual directory to application. (ASP.NET 4.0 app. pool)
    - Done the wizard with success.

/Lars

Mar 11, 2015 @ 21:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lars

Is the server setup the same way as usual or could there be some configuration in the setup that has been done differently for some reason on this site?

/Jan

Mar 12, 2015 @ 15:03
    Lars

Hi Jan and Sören

We did an installation with Umbraco 7.2.2. And failed. However when we tried with 7.2.1 and 7.2.0 the installation was smooth and normal. So there must be some bug ind Umbraco 7.2.2.

Thank you very much for your help :-)

/Lars

Mar 12, 2015 @ 16:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lars

That's indeed really weird...wondering what it could be. I'm sure HQ would like to see an issue about it...but it's of course hard to file a bug on something that we're not sure about why happens.

If you should have an "AHA!" moment then please consider filing it or sharing in here :)

/Jan

Mar 13, 2015 @ 09:25
    Lars

Hi Jan

I need to add that normally I have no problems in installing Umbraco including the new versions. The failure was on a server in a very protected environment (https and such).

If I find a solution or the bug of course I will put it here.

/Lars

• Rick 31 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 17:16
    Rick

Hi Lars,

Have you fixed this in the mean time? I'm very curious to your solution, as we're having exact the same issue in 7.2.4. And the site needs to go live today, so I'm quite desperate looking for a solution :-)

Would appreciate if you can let me know what you did...

Rick

Apr 28, 2015 @ 17:49
    Lars

HI Rick

If I can help I will do so. The answer is a sad no: I made a normal installation of Umbraco instead and exported it as a package but not without troubles. Packages with attached files like cshtml files often fails.

I hope that this helps and if not do not hesitate to write again!

/Lars

• Rick 31 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 17:52
    Rick

Ok, thanks.

We fixed it in another way for now. The site finally worked on the virtual directory (front-end), but Umbraco was still a problem. We fixed this now by creating a second site in IIS which points to the same folder. And that site got a different url, so we can access Umbraco from that url now.

So, front-end through something like www.site.com/virtualdirectory/
    And Umbraco through something like tempurl.site.com/umbraco/

Not ideal, but for now it works... :-) 

• Fadi 1 post 21 karma points
    May 28, 2015 @ 06:49
    Fadi

Hi All,

I had a similar problem with a fresh manual install of Umbraco 7.5.

I was using IIS and virtual directory which I converted into an application.

Since we want to replace an existing website with the Umbraco-based website I put my Umbraco virtual directory/application under the current website in IIS and this resulted in the problem described in this thread.

So I tried creating the application seperately as its own website and it worked.

Maybe it is something to do with the AppPool because the application pool of the current website is ASP.NET 2.0 while the AppPool that Umbraco was trying to use was ASP.NET 4.5. I vaguely remember having issues with things like this in my previous .NET applications where the parent was having a different AppPool than the currently accessed application and this was messing something up in the ASP.NET pipeline. I could be wrong though but I can't test this at the moment.

Anycase if you are facing this problem it might be worth changing the structure in IIS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft