Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jeff mayer 122 posts 200 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 22:44
    jeff mayer

Cannot create new or edit new media item for file

Just upgraded to 7.22 from 7.16, Every time I try to add a new file to the media library I get this error:

I tried the following already:  Touch web.config, delete temp directory, republish document type nothing seems to  resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated. 

Received an error from the server

Failed to retrieve data for empty media item type File

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

EXCEPTION DETAILS:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACKTRACE:

at Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.TabsAndPropertiesResolver.AddListView[TPersisted](TabbedContentItem`2 display, String entityType, IDataTypeService dataTypeService)

at Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.MediaModelMapper.AfterMap(IMedia media, MediaItemDisplay display, IDataTypeService dataTypeService)

at Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.MediaModelMapper.<>c__DisplayClass37.<ConfigureMappings>b__0(IMedia media, MediaItemDisplay display)

at AutoMapper.MappingExpression`2.<>c__DisplayClass1f.<AfterMap>b__1e(Object src, Object dest)

at AutoMapper.TypeMap.<get_AfterMap>b__1(Object src, Object dest)

at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapObjectMapperRegistry.PropertyMapMappingStrategy.Map(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper)

at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapMapper.Map(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper)

at AutoMapper.MappingEngine.AutoMapper.IMappingEngineRunner.Map(ResolutionContext context)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 05:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeff

How did you do the upgrade?

Have you tried clearing the browser cache? And have you also tried incrementing the version number in the /config/ClientDependency.config file and then recycle the app pool?

/Jan

Mar 12, 2015 @ 14:07
    jeff mayer

issue still pending

Mar 12, 2015 @ 14:07
    jeff mayer

I have reproduced  the error on multiple computers with cleared caches. The upgrade was completed manually by copying BIN , Umbraco and Umbraco_client directories along with manally merging config files.  I also incremented the client depenency config as you suggsted. 

Mar 12, 2015 @ 15:04
    jeff mayer

I have figured out how this breaks. If I switch to "enable list view" in the settings media/types/file section this breaks. By default it was list view. Any thoughts? When I uncheck it works 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft