Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 22:53
    Matthew Kirschner

Can't Access Backoffice on Server - Failed GET Attempt on ClientDependency

I posted this on the issues page but haven't gotten a response. I'm hoping that someone could at least point me in the right direction here.

I'm running Umbraco 7.2.2 on a node balanced site (NLB) with central file system. The site works fine on localhost but the backoffice fails to load when I publish to my staging server.

Here are the steps I took before this happened:

• Upgraded site to version 7.2.2.
    • This overwrites an edit to ExamineSettings.config that was using the UmbracoExamine.TempStorage.dll, as per the requirement for a load balanced set up
    • In ExamineSettings.config, set useTempStorage = LocalOnly on all Indexers and Searchers (see this issue)
    • Published site to central filesystem
    • Deleted /App_Data/TEMP files
    • Restarted both nodes

The front end loads fine, but I get a blank screen when accessing the back office and 3 errors in the console. 2 of them are the same failed GET attempt from LazyLoad.js when it tries to access some bundle from the DependencyHandler.axd. The third error says Uncaught Error: No module: ngTable

Has anyone had experience with this? Am I failing to publish some files form /Umbraco or /Umbraco_client? I've gone as far as publishing every single file in my project, even though it's overkill.

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 18:34
    Matthew Kirschner

According to this page and several other issues around the net, my problem here was due to some security update in the 7.2.2 version of ClientDependancy that seems to have issues with query strings. By checking the package.manifests in /App_Plugins/, I discovered that one of my packages (MemberListView) was using query strings. I removed this package and everything seems to work again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft