Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke 110 posts 256 karma points
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 16:55
    Luke

Media Problems

Hello,

I have an application that was working great. It is one installation but hosts multiple sites through culture and hostnames.

Everything was fine and now all of a sudden I cannot upload to the media file and thus cannot upload images through the content section either.

I am using the latest version - this is the error I receive.

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): 
    /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave
    with data: 

Note that I get this error when trying to save content with an uploaded file. With no upload everything saves as it should.

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Regards L

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 17:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi L

What version of Umbraco are you seeing this on - Is it 7.2.2 (Just want to make sure it's what you mean by 'the latest version')? I suppose it's happening on a live site? Have you checked that the webserver is not running out of space? And it's probably a good idea to check the database server as well.

Has there been made any changes to the site before this started to happen?

/Jan

Mar 12, 2015 @ 18:51
    Luke

Hi Jan,

I was running 7.2.1 - when I hit the problem I decided to update to 7.2.2 to try and resolve the problem. I still get the same error. I get the error on the local and live webserver (both of which use the same database)

Any ideas??

Many thanks L

Mar 12, 2015 @ 18:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi L

Ok, that seems weird - How did you do the upgrade?

/Jan

Mar 12, 2015 @ 19:00
    Luke

Hi Jan,

I upgraded with Nuget. Its not a space issue. And as I said it was absolutely fine and then just stopped working - strange.

Regards L

Mar 12, 2015 @ 19:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi L

Yeah, just trying to figure out where things might go wrong. It's always harder when one don't have the option to get the hands in the "dough" so to speak.

This is a long shot...but could you try downloading the zipped version and manually try overwriting the /bin, /umbraco and /umbraco_client folder and see if that helps any?

Also it might be worth trying to clear the backoffice cache by going to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 12, 2015 @ 19:12
    Luke

Thanks Jan,

I will try - also when I try to upload in the media section it just says *Not Found: * not found

Regards, L

Mar 12, 2015 @ 19:23
    Luke

Sorry Jan,

My fault entirely. In an effort to up the maximum request length I made some changes to the web.config ie maxRequestLength="51200"

It seems it did not like this.

Sorry for wasting your time :-(

Regards L

Mar 12, 2015 @ 23:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi L

No need to be sorry - These thing happens and I'm just happy you managed to figure out what went wrong. It happens to all of us.

Happy coding :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft