Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Hull 4 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 23:07
    James Hull

Error after upgrading from 7.1.4 to 7.2.2

I've upgraded a site from 7.1.4 to 7.2.2 using the Nuget package. After nuget successfully ran and installed, I open the site and receive the following .Net error. Anyone know what's wrong here...

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.UserBasic Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentItemBasic.get_Updator()'.]
       MemberListView.MemberManager.Models.MemberListItemMapper.ConfigureMappings(IConfiguration config, ApplicationContext applicationContext) +0
       Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.b__1(IConfiguration configuration) +104
       AutoMapper.Mapper.Initialize(Action`1 action) +41
       Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.InitializeModelMappers() +53
       Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Initialize() +301
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Initialize() +75
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +90
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +9

[HttpException (0x80004005): Method not found: 'Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.UserBasic Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentItemBasic.get_Updator()'.]
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9916613
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Method not found: 'Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.UserBasic Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentItemBasic.get_Updator()'.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9930508
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +25
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 23:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi James and welcome to our :)

I'm not sure what could have gone wrong there but I'm wondering if you could try doing this

1: Clear you browser cache - Does that help? If not proceed 2: Go to the /config/ClientDependency.config file and increment the version number. Then recycle the app pool - This busts the Umbraco backoffice cache. Does that help?

If these two steps don't help then perhaps try and do the upgrade manually following this general guideline https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/Upgrading/general

Also be aware that the there are some new stuff in 7.2.x, which means you should make sure that the /config/ folder is in sync/merged - I'm not sure how well nuget handles this.

You can find the zip file here https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/722

Hope this makes sense and that it helps.

/Jan

Mar 12, 2015 @ 23:40
    James Hull

Thanks for the prompt reply Jan. Steps 1 and 2 did not help I'm afraid. I'll try some further manual installation and merging and let everyone know how I go.

Mar 13, 2015 @ 02:13
    James Hull

I've tried again with a manual installation with no success. However, I believe the error is linked to some form of custom member implemention built by another developer.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2015 @ 05:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi James

Ok, then that's most likely the issue - Are you guys using some source control system? Perhaps he forgot to push the code?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft