Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lonehorseend 24 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 15, 2015 @ 12:48
    lonehorseend

Compositions and fields not showing when changing doc types - Bug?

I have two document types: SEO and BodyText.  BodyText has SEO selected as a Document Type Composition, so it inherient the fields from it.  However, when I try to change document types on existing content and the box asking to map fields shows up, only the field that is in BodyText shows up. None from SEO.  Is this a bug or the way it's supposed to work?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2015 @ 13:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi lonehorseend

Can you try and post some screendumps? It's most like a bug but I would like to see what your structure looks like. Sometimes it's just easier to grasp from an image rather than a description.

You can also have a look at the issue tracker to see if anything similar to what you're experiencing has been reported http://issues.umbraco.org/issues?q=compositions

/Jan

Mar 18, 2015 @ 09:25
    lonehorseend

Document Structure of Type Test. Component selected is SEO.

SEO Doc Type Fields

Test Doc Type Fields

Trying to field map between exsiting content type and new test content type. Field body text, which is in test content type shows up. Fields that are supposed to be "inherited" through the SEO Data Type Compisitions aren't showing up. Need to rely on inheritence to make this work.

And yes, Jan, I did see one or two bugs related to compisions, but nothing that related to field mapping.  At least as far as I could tell.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 17:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi again

Well...it seems that you perhaps have found yet another issue related to compositions perhaps. I think you should perhaps try filing an issue on the issue tracker about this.

/Jan

Mar 18, 2015 @ 19:04
    lonehorseend

Seems there is now an issue by someone else, going to add a link to here, so there are screenshots to reference.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft