Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Øyvind Kristiansen 14 posts 54 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:14
    Øyvind Kristiansen

Localized text not working in login form

Umbraco login placeholders not working

I have an Umbraco site which I just upgraded from 6.1.6 to 7.2.2. The login form's localized text isn't working properly in production. It works fine locally. I'm suspecting that this might be related to production using https, but I'm not sure. The error message from /umbraco/LocalizedText reads:

Exception type: ArgumentNullException
    Exception message: Value cannot be null.

Exception information

Umbraco version 7.2.2 (just upgraded from 6.1.6)

Asp.net version 4.5.1

Windows 2012 R2, IIS 8.5

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Øyvind

When you deployed after the upgrade did you then remember to copy all files? There must be something missing I guess. Could also be a good idea to clear the browser cache and the backoffice cache. You can bust the backoffice cache by going to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number and the recycle the app pool.

Does this work?

/Jan

• Øyvind Kristiansen 14 posts 54 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:23
    Øyvind Kristiansen

Tried bumping client dependency version number and recycling app pool, and that did the trick. I was sure I had read that incrementing client dependency version number was no longer needed, but I must have been mistaken. Thanks Jan :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Øyvind

Happy to hear it worked - It's always those little things when stuff is working locally but not on the server it seems :)

Happy coding!

/Jan

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Jun 12, 2015 @ 11:14
    Simon

Hi Jan,

I have tried incrementing the CLientDependancy version number but it is still not working for me. I am still working locally and I am having this error message exactly when login and for allo nodes, such Save and Continue text for the green button is not being shown. For the settings, developers and other sections, there is no problem.

I have also tried to recycle the app pool locally but also no success.

Any help please?

thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft