Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Chudley 50 posts 197 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:17
    Anthony Chudley

TinyMCE link on unselected text

We seem to be experiencing some strange behaviour with the RTE in Internet Explorer 10.

When adding a link the link element appears on the whole paragraph of text. 

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mp9FU5Mqys

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm guessing it's more related to TinyMCE than Umbraco.

We are running V 7.1.7

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony and welcome to our :)

I have not seen this before - But I'm thinking that it might be worth checking on the tinymce forums as well as I think it's related to TinyMCE and not Umbraco as such.

/Jan

Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:26
    Anthony Chudley

Thanks Jan, 

That was going to be my next port of call. If I find a solution there I will post it back here.

Anthony

Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:47
    Anthony Chudley

Quick response was to try the latest version, having replaced the tinymce js file it seems to have fixed this issue. And as far as I can see it seems to be working as intended accross the functionality we use.

Is this likely to cause any other issues within Umbraco? As I notice the TinyMCE version in Umbraco used is quite far behind the current release.

Anthony

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 18:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony

I'm not sure what could be effected but if you're not having any issues I think you're fine. But if you upgrade Umbraco at some point and tinymce is not upgraded in the release you're upgrading to you'll need to do the tinymce upgrade again.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft