Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mathias Valentin 60 posts 208 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 13:34
    Mathias Valentin

Publish has no effect (7.2.2)

Hi All,

I'm experience a problem when publishing content from a different domain than the one I logged into (Umbraco 7.2.2).
    It seems that the umbraco cache isn't refreshed when I publish content on a level 1 language layer. 

When I log into somedomain.com/umbraco/ and publishing content on somedomain.dk, the content is saved but not visible on the frontend. 
    It immediatelybe becomes visible when I delete the umbraco cache files from the server. 

What to do? 

This https://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/fix-odd-publishing-problems doesn't fix the problem. 

/Mathias

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 13:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mathias

I have seen this issue before on some older v4 installations - The fix you're referencing is probably targeted at those old versions. The WIKI stuff is outdated for things in v6 and 7...and some newer versions of v4. So most likely anything mentioned in there will not work...but good if it does however :)

In regards to your current issue I think that the content will appear within 15 min. after publishing. I think the easiest way around it is to be logged in using the domain you want to publish content from and then perhaps check if someone has reported this on the issue tracker...if not then feel free to file an issue.

/Jan

• Mathias Valentin 60 posts 208 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 14:09
    Mathias Valentin

Thanks Jan,

I think you are right about the 15 min. delay! Your workaround is what I passed on to the client and will work for now :)
    I'll add the issue if it isn't already reported. 

/Mathias

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 14:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mathias

Happy that I could assist - I think that this was actually fixed in v6...so not sure why it's back all of the sudden. But as long as you know how to deal with it for now :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft