Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 15:23
    Rohan

how to access HTML markup added from Umbraco CMS and add data dynamically ?

Hixt

I am using Umbraco 7.2.1.

From Umbraco Content, my client has added one Page by adding some HTML (div, img, table, and so on) in <RichTextBox> as we are allowing User to enter HTML markup in Umbraco cms. The page is generated and also appear on website.

Now the issue is, that there are some data that needs to be field DYNAMICALLY from the database value like (Order number, some product , date etc). So how can i achieve that ? 

How can i display those data on proper places on page ? As Client has added HTML on Umbraco Content ? I cannot write entire code on Umbraco content to show the data.

Please help me here. 

Thanks in advance !

Rohan Dave

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 15:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rohan

Sounds like you could benefit from inventing a template tags syntax so that when your client enters ##NAME##, ##ORDER NUMBER##, ##PRODUCT## etc. you'll make a replace in your code to swap in the correct name, order number and product for instance.

This is not something that is build in but something you can invent yourself - If you prefer wrapping your "template tags" differently like ###!NAME!### then that's all up to you :)

Does this make sense?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft