Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Marvin Varela 14 posts 35 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 23:26
    Marvin Varela
    0

    HTTP 404 in /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/GetById

    Hello everyone,

    I come here to check if anyone has ever faced a similar situation and in case anyone can point me in the right direction on how to fix or at least on how to troubleshoot this issue.

    I have a Umbraco 7.2.1 website. It is running on several different environments: locally, dev server, staging server and production. They all have a different database they connect to. I have deployed several times in all environments and the site has been working well before.

    Currently the site is working on all environments except production (of course), and when I sign in at the admin interface I get the following error when I try to open most pieces of content inside Umbraco (some of them do open):

    Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): 
    /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/GetById

    When I use the site I am getting several errors like:

    Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/somepage.cshtml)

    However, most of the pages *do* work, even those which are throwing 404 error in Umbraco admin, but they have small issues like missing images.

    I do not have direct access to the production database, I can only send there database dumps to be uploaded, so I do not have access to the database to see what the current status there is. Also I turned umbracoDebugMode to true to see if I could get any additional information about the issues, but when I try to use it on any of the failing pieces of content I never get the debug info (I do get it in the other environments).

    I also disabled the Umbraco XML caching to test if that was the origin of the issue, but that was not the case.

    I go to settings and I am able to list and open document types as well as partial views and templates, they are all valid and they exist.

    Any hint on what could be happening here or how I could troubleshoot would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

     

  • Jeroen Breuer 4860 posts 12126 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 12:09
    Jeroen Breuer
    0

    Hello,

    I've also had this problem and I don't know why this happens, but after deleting the node and simply creating a new one it did work. So the old node probably got corrupted somehow during development.

    Jeroen

  • Chris Dunsing 16 posts 80 karma points
    Aug 21, 2019 @ 16:43
    Chris Dunsing
    0

    We had a similar issue MediaPicker being mapped to a Media Node that had some data integrity issues.

    We noticed that new media folders were creating a Null reference in the CMSMedia table. However, older versions did not have this data. Whenever the media picker in the back office was called we would see the dreaded 404 not found issue.

    To fix this:

    1. Found the offending node in UmbracoNode
    2. Found the Version in CMSContentVersion
    3. inserted the Folder nodeid, version, and Null path inside cmsMedia table

    After doing this the 404 went away and the Folders started showing in backend media picker controls.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft