Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 09:12
    Thomas

Tags field not working

Hi,

I am using Umbraco 7.2.2 and i recently add a Tag field on a document type to tag my articles. The problem is that Tag field does not store the Tags data when i save or save and publish the document.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Thomas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 09:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

The way the tags field works is a bit special and you're not the first one having issues with it - So I just want to make sure that you have actually either hit space or tab when you write a new tag? When you do that it should appear as a tag with a little "close" icon in the top right corner.

If you have already done that and it still does not work when you save then please try checking if you can see any errors in the browsers console log or in the /App_Data/Logs file marked with "ERROR" or "WARNING", which could be related to the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Mar 19, 2015 @ 09:53
    Thomas

I appreciate your reply but on the version 7.1.8 i am using in another site, Tags are working perfectly. This was just for your info. Regarding what you are asking for, firstly i tried to press space but nothing happens. Then i tried to press tab but still nothing happens. At the end i saw the watermark on the Tags text field which says press ENTER. So i tried to press enter. The Tag does not appears. Then i press save. The Tag is visible with the little "close" icon. Then i tried to press that icon but it does not do anything. It does not delete the tag from the tags text field. I return back to the article list without saving the document and then enter again to the details of the same document. The tag does not exists. After all these i delete the document at all. I tried to SaveAndPublish a new document from the code behind using the ContentService entering hardcoded a tag value to the tag property. I query in the database the table cmsPreviewXml, i found the newly created document, i examine the xml field and the tag property with the value exists. Then i open the document from the umbraco backend ui and the value does not exists in the tags field.

I hope my description to help you a bit.

Regards

Thomas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 15:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

Ok, just checking to see if you knew how to "work it" since I find it confusing sometimes myself.

Did you check any of the logs etc. as I asked as well? Sounds like a bug and it would be nice to know if you're getting any errors of some kind.

/Jan

Mar 19, 2015 @ 16:24
    Thomas

Hi Jan,

I check the logs but i didn't find anything particular. The only strange error i saw was the following which i don't know if it has to do with the tags.

2015-03-19 10:37:30,852 [6] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 9] An unhandled exception occurred System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value) at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value) at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.Tracing.ArteryFilter.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Web.HttpWriter.FilterIntegrated(Boolean finalFiltering, IIS7WorkerRequest wr) at System.Web.HttpResponse.FilterOutput() at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallFilterExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft