Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:01
    Dan Evans

Error when creating content

Umbraco 7.1.8 and 7.2.2

When users click the ellipsis ... next to a document instead of opening up the list of available doc types it opens the "do something else" dialog. When clicking create an error appears:

I have checked the create.ui file and it is fine. I have also upgraded from 7.1.8 to 7.2.2 and the error still occurs.

It has worked in the past so not sure why this error is suddenly happening

Server Error in '/' Application.

The create dialog for "content" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The create dialog for "content" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: The create dialog for "content" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file]
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Create.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +583
       Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.CreateDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +64
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34237

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 15:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Do you have any packages installed that are perhaps looking for keys in the ui.xml file? I know that Contour used to throw this error if the Contour specific keys where missing in this file for some reason...So it might be a package that is missing some keys in the file for instance.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 15:22
    Dan Evans

I've just found the source of the issue. The site was upgraded from U4 and the trees.config had not been upgraded. I had thought that content had been added since then but clearly not.

Thanks for looking at it Jan and sorry for bothering the forum!

Dan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 15:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

No need to be sorry - You shared what went wrong and others who experience the same now have the opportunity to get a hint if they come across this. It's usually something config related when this error happens :)

Happy coding!

/Jan

• J 445 posts 862 karma points
    Feb 20, 2018 @ 11:19
    J

Im having the exact same problem and have Contour installed. What changes were made to get the site running in U7.1?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft