Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• René Andersen 238 posts 684 karma points
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:27
    René Andersen

Partial View Macro in RTE without showing images

Hi

Is it possible to insert a Partial View Macro without showing the images?

My problem is that I am using a macro to insert a slider in the RTE and at the moment it is showing all the images in the RTE which result in a lot of scrolling and less overview. Is it possible to only show the name of the macro like "Product slicer"?

Or would a better solution be using a macro with the Multinode Tree-picker which can choose among different sliders from a folder called "Data" in the root. Is this even possible?

// René

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi René

You should be able to disable the rendering of the macro in the RTE in the macro settings where it says "Editor Settings" - Look for "Render in rich text editor and the grid". If there is a checkmark here then remove it.

Is this what you're thinking about?

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:38
    Dennis Aaen

Hi René

I would say that I think is a better solution be using a macro with the Multinode Tree-picker which can choose different sliders from a folder called "Data" in the root, so you don´t have to display macros in the RTE where you want to filter some data out.

A low key solution is to make a slide container as a child item to the frontpage e.g and the add slide under. But this solution is not so flexible if you want to use the slider on mutiple pages. So I would go with Multinode Tree-picker.

You could so just in the Data folder make SlideContainer folder with slide items, and the use a content picker to choose the SlideContainer, and loop through the slide items. So to have more sliders you just creates multiple slideContiner items, with slides under in the Data folder.

Hope this helps, and make sense. If not please don't hesitate to write again.

/Dennis

Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:39
    René Andersen

Hi Jan

That's what I was looking for. Your the man once again. :-)

Thanks!

// René

Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:49
    René Andersen

Hi Dennis

I tried earlier to make it work with the Multinode Tree-picker without luck but when I have the time I will definitely look more into this.

Actually I have just started to work with partial view macros. Up until now I have just worked with partial views.

Maybe it is just me, but I think that it is harder to get my head around partial view macros even though the code is very similar.

// René

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft