Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Whiteford 26 posts 79 karma points
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 13:32
    David Whiteford

Upgrade from 7.2.1 to 7.2.2

I need to upgrade our site from 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 to fix the issue with Umbraco Forms not properly escaping single quotes when storing details.

I have followed the general upgrade instructions to the letter (I have upgraded from previous versions many times before) but I am getting the error:

“current version different from config status”

In the logs during upgrade!

I can change the value to 7.2.2 and it loads the site fine but skips the upgrade process.

FYI - I am not using NuGet.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 16:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

Hmm, sounds like a permission issue to me? If you have a look in the web.config file and look after the "umbracoConfigurationStatus"...does that then still say 7.2.1? If so try changing it to 7.2.2 manually and see what happens.

Otherwise it might be advisable to try and run the upgrade following the manual approach instead.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 20, 2015 @ 16:23
    David Whiteford

yes it did say 7.2.1.

As I said in my post if I change it to 7.2.2 then the site loads fine (but no upgrade screen!)

When you mention the manual approach, what do you mean? I have been doing the manual upgrade as explained here:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/general

Thanks

Mar 20, 2015 @ 16:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

Wow I missed a couple of things when reading through your first post...thought it said "I'm using nuget"...but clearly it says "Not"...That's why I suggested the manual approach...which you have been using all along...do'h! My bad :)

So when you have copied over the files...what are you then doing? Are you refreshing the page and logging into the backoffice or what is your approach? Do you see any error message in the browser console log when trying to login etc. ? Could there be some permission issues...or?

/Jan

Mar 20, 2015 @ 17:00
    David Whiteford

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - below I exactly what I did:

I overwrite the files in bin, Umbraco and Umbraco_Client.

Then I check the global.asax, web.config etc for any differences that I need (there are none).

I ensure I LEAVE the version number as 7.2.1 and the connection string to the DB as it is.

I hit refresh on my site

I am asked to login to authorise the update.

I see the update screen and click next.

I am informed that there has been an error and to check the Logs.

In the logs is the line:

2015-03-19 13:13:56,113 [49] INFO Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext - [Thread 40] CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '7.2.2','7.2.1'

Thanks

Mar 20, 2015 @ 17:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

Ok...Perhaps you need to double check that there is not an issue with permissions for some reason since it seems that the upgrade process can't update the web.config.

/Jan

Mar 20, 2015 @ 17:12
    David Whiteford

Security wise the web.config has exactly the same security/permissions as all the other files, including ones that Umbraco edits/creates (umbraco.config, logs etc...)

Mar 20, 2015 @ 17:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

Ok, could it be that the web.config is locked because it's open and being used by another process and then the updater is not allowed to write to it? Perhaps trying another browser or even rebooting is worth a shot.

/Jan

Mar 20, 2015 @ 17:26
    David Whiteford

I've tried completely re-booting the web-app, as well as trying a different browser.

i also tried the upgrade on a local copy of the site (to ensure I was the only user) but again I got exactly the same error.

Mar 20, 2015 @ 21:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

That's really odd - What database are you using? And are you using IIS or IIS express?

/Jan

Mar 23, 2015 @ 09:37
    David Whiteford

SQL Server 2008, and IIS 7.5

Regards

Mar 23, 2015 @ 09:58
    David Whiteford

FYI I have just tried the upgrade from 7.2.1 to the new 7.2.4 release and it was a success!

However, it has wiped out all my Umbraco Form submissions - the forms are still there but the submissions are not.

luckily I only did it on a test site - mm - can't really upgrade my live site if thats going to happen.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft