Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob 15 posts 64 karma points
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 15:32
    Bob

Remove top Page node from URL's

Hi,

I've created a website in Umbraco 7.1.7 and have content in the following tree structure:

Folder ("Website")

|- Page ("Home")

|- Page ("Latest News")

I've got <add key="umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath" value="true" /> in the web.config but URLs come out as http://mydomain/home/latest-news/. I've also tried setting 'Website' 'Allow as root' to false to no avail.

I've scoured various sources online looking for a solution and have come up empty. Please could someone advise how best to remove '/home/' from the URL's?

Thanks,

Bob

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 16:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bob and welcome to our :)

Have you setup a hostname on the "Home" node? Sounds like you have set it up on the "Website" folder but if it's just a container that should not contain a template the hostname should be placed on the "Home" node instead.

Hope this makes sense.

/Jan

• Bob 15 posts 64 karma points
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 12:36
    Bob

Thanks Jan. That worked perfectly!

• yogesh pathak 136 posts 221 karma points
    May 25, 2016 @ 13:04
    yogesh pathak

hi Jan,

is there any solution by which we can hide "latest-news" from http://mydomain/home/latest-news/some-next-level-page in case of viewing the page under "latest-news"?

like in our project- we have created a folder to structure the content inside our website node but we don't want this folder name to be shown in the url , how can we achieve that?

thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 26, 2016 @ 05:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Yogesh

Not quite sure I understand what you mean? Is in your navigation that you want to hide the "Some next level page" link?

If you're on the "Some next level page" then I'm not sure why you want to hide the url? Sorry if I'm being a tool but perhaps you should try to flesh it out for me a bit more please? :)

/Jan

• yogesh pathak 136 posts 221 karma points
    May 26, 2016 @ 06:05
    yogesh pathak

Hey, we have website under content tree and now our requirement to add multiple product pages under our website and the url should be like www.hostname.com/product1, www.hostname.com/product2, www.hostname.com/product3,

these product pages can scale to more then 40 and i don't want the mess of huge number of page into the first level of content so i have created a folder named "Product pages" and inside that i want to create these 40 pages but the problem is- the url will be like

www.hostname.com/Product-pages/product1

so how can i hide this "Product-pages" text from url ?

i need url like www.hostname.com/product1 while having folder structure like bellow

-www.hostname.com

--Product-pages

---product1

Yogesh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft