Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcelo S. 12 posts 57 karma points
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 19:15
    Marcelo S.

Login page translation

Hi,

I'm trying to translate the umbraco page Login, but it is happening a strange behavior

In my web.config I found this part:

<add key="umbracoDefaultUILanguage" value="en" />

I've set this key to "pt", but, when I access the url /umbraco#/login, the login page is still in English.

There is only a moment when the translation works, if I access the admin area (my user language is already defined as "Portuguese Brazil") and then logout from admin area, at this time the login page become translated in Portuguese, but if I refresh the browser, the page becomes in English again.....

I found this Fix: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/567, from last year, seems that version 7.2.2 should already contemplate this fix.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help will be great!

Another quick question, where can I translate the validation messages? for example, if I try to login with the fields empty I receive the error "Username or password cannot be empty". I didn't find where to translate that.

Thanks and sorry about my English :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 20:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcelo

I don't think the key in the web.config is used actually - But not sure.

Could you share a screendump showing what the settings on your user looks like?

/Jan

Mar 20, 2015 @ 20:31
    Marcelo S.

Hi Jan, as you can see, I'm still around here using Umbraco :)

Sure, here is the print.

If you prefer, I uploaded my test project to this link: http://website.com.asp.mwagil.com.br/ , the user is: XXXXXXX and password is: XXXXXXX.

Thank you.

Mar 20, 2015 @ 21:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcelo

Aaah yes! Totally forgot the issues you had to figure out - But you found a way...yay! Did you end up using making MySQL work or did you find some cheaper MSSQL hosting?

I just tried logging in using the credentials you originally posted - I just removed them for security reasons.

But when I logged in it seemed that the entire backoffice was translated to portuguese?

I think that you should perhaps try to start up chrome in incognito mode and see if that works? If so you probably just need to clear the browser cache when running in normal browser mode.

Hope this makes sense :)

/Jan

Mar 20, 2015 @ 21:45
    Marcelo S.

Yeah I found a cheaper MSSQL hosting, for while I'll be okay with that :), Who knows at some point in the future the Umbraco maintains MySql again.

About my issue, sorry, sometimes I don't know how to express myself very well in English.

The backoffice is okay, it is translating to Portuguese as expected, my doubt is regarding the Login page, because It is translated only after a logout from the backoffice, if I refresh the browser, the page returns to English, see the print below.

This happen for Chrome, Firefox and IE 11.

About the website credentials, don't worry, it is only a test link, I'll change everything later :), but thanks anyway.

Thank you

Mar 20, 2015 @ 21:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcelo

Very happy to hear that :) Yeah, who knows!

Oh in that way :) - Well I'm not too sure why that happens - it could be a bug somehow. Think it might be worth raising an issue at the issue tracker about it if clearing the cache does not help any.

/Jan

Mar 21, 2015 @ 01:39
    Marcelo S.

Thank you Jan,

I just opened a new issue ticket, let's see if really is a bug and if I've been able to explain myself in English :)

The link is: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6441

Thanks again for your support.

• Eduardo Sobrinho 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 04, 2016 @ 13:16
    Eduardo Sobrinho

Oi Marcelo, Sou brasileiro. Estou com o mesmo problema na versão 7,3. Alterei o arquivo web.config para

<Add key = "umbracoDefaultUILanguage" value = "pt" />

Não funcionou. A solução provisória que encontrei foi copiar o arquivo traduzido para portugues (pt.xml) e renomear para Inglês (en.xml). Entretanto, se eu precisar de um site em Ingles/Português, terei problemas. Se descobrir uma solução me inoforme por favor.

TRANSLATED BY GOOGLE:

Hi Marcelo, I am Brazilian. I'm having the same problem in version 7.3. I changed the web.config file to

<Add key = "umbracoDefaultUILanguage" value = "pt" />

But it didn't work. The temporary solution I found is copy the file translated into Portuguese (pt.xml) and rename it to English (en.xml). However, if I'll need a website in English / Portuguese, I will have problems. If you find a solution, please let me know.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft