Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 07:59
    Rohan

create member profile using umbraco membership. Where profile data stored ?

Hi

I am using Umbraco 7.2.1

I am able to create a member using Umbraco "Member.MakeNew()" function and it's creating new Member in Umbraco and i can see it on Umbraco backoffice as well.

Now my client wants to allow user to create their "Profile" as well if they would like. I need user to enter First Name, Last Name, Address1, City, County, Country, Postcode, Email, Phone. So once profile created , whenever user purchase any product from our site and do checkout, address details come automatically and user don't need to enter.

I have checked and found that we can use Membership "Profile" functionaltiy by defining fields in Config file under <System.Web> and do some coding to save Profile data. 

But the main thing is that i don't know in Database where Members profile data stored ? Or how admin person can see those Members profile data within UmbracoCMS backoffice ?

I can create a separate table and do the thing there. But is it possible within Umbraco ?

Can anyone please help me here ? 

It's really urgent !

Thanks in advance !

Rohan Dave

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 08:21
    Sören Deger

Hi Rohan,

you should use the MemberService in Umbraco 7 instead of the old Member.MakeNew() syntax.

Here you can find the documentation for MemberService, MemberTypeService and MemberGroupService:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Management-v6/Services/

You must not change the web.config to add custom member fields in umbraco.

You can go to the member section in umbraco and can add some own member types or you can extend the default member type.

In this member type you can add your own properties similiar like properties og an document type. It's the same proceed.

If your client will change his profile you can choose predefined snippets if you create a partial view macro file. There are following snippets: Login, Logout, Register Member, Edit profile. This snippets works very great and it's very easy in v7 to create your own full member area for a frontend site.

The data is stored in the umbraco database tables. But the umbraco user can simple edit the data of every member in the member section of umbraco.

Hope this helps?

Best,

Sören

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 08:44
    Rohan

Hi Soren

thanks for the response on it.

I will add properties on Member template. 

Also can you pleaes let me know, once member logged in to the site and purchase any product and do customer checkout at that time i need to load those properties (data) automatically on respective fields on checkout page.

So how to achieve this as well ?

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

Mar 24, 2015 @ 09:03
    Sören Deger

Hi Rohan,

a member type is similar like a member template in umbraco. You can define your own fields firstname, lastname and others like I have described above. On checkout you can get the current logged in member with MemberService and then you can read all properties of this IMember similiar like you do this with ContentService and IContent for content nodes.

Best,

Sören

Mar 24, 2015 @ 09:05
    Sören Deger

Here is a similar topic with an example and further links to this topic:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/54513-Retrieve-a-member-property-in-Umbraco-7

Best,

Sören

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft