Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pantelis 53 posts 107 karma points
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:44
    Pantelis

Reusing a node structure?

Greetings everybody,

I have a website with some products and a hidden "Settings" node with color schemes with structure like /colorschemes/scheme-1/color-1 etc. Then I use this content on the product page to present some options.

Now there's a need for something new which is to create pages under the product page for the colors of the relevant scheme. So I want to create a page like /products/product-1/color-n for each /colorschemes/scheme-1/color-n. All the data in this page will be grabbed from the existing product and color nodes. So I need this page created "on the fly" somehow.

If I'm not mistaken, the obvious solution would be to pass a querystring like ?color=color-n but I would like something more consistent with my url path, plus some products are related to multiple schemes so it gets a bit complex.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me to the right direction!

I'm on 7.1.x currently btw :-)

Thanks,
    Pantelis

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 29, 2015 @ 21:16
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Pantelis,

As I understand you need to create products structure, each product can be referenced to one or few color schemas? You can use MultiNodeTree Picker on the product page, on each product you will be able to choose one or few colors.

THanks

• Pantelis 53 posts 107 karma points
    Apr 04, 2015 @ 19:52
    Pantelis

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry I totally missed your reply. I apologize for not being clear, I already have the the structure fixed with Archetype. My page already works, I just wanted to create subpages (for SEO reasons actually) and wanted to avoid querystrings, so I used a custom rewrite rule. I just didn't think it very much when I asked, sorry about that.

Thank you very much for your reply!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2015 @ 19:59
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are welcome, Pantelis.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft