Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Avraham Kahana 22 posts 56 karma points
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 19:19
    Avraham Kahana

Can't get zbu.ModelsBuilder to work

I have just installed the zbu Models Builder Integration for asp.net using nuget (by running Install-Package Zbu.ModelsBuilder.AspNet -Pre in my NuGet Package Manager console) (which, from what I can see, will always install both zbu.ModelsBuilder and zbu.ModelsBuilder.AspNet dlls).

But I could not have a taste of this thing working yet.

In my Developer section under the new tab "Models Builder", it seems the page that is being displayed there is incomplete (if I look at the file BuildModels.ascx, which seems to be what is supposed to be rendered there - the asp:PlaceHolder whose ID is 'phGenerate' is not rendering/is missing - I do not see however any errors in chrome's console). Seems to me that I need to press this "Generate" (declared within the placeholder) button to trigger the process.

I tried generating the models using the extension for Visual Studio as well, but to no avail again. Right clicking the newly created cs file and choosing "Run Custom Tool" shows the error "The custom tool 'Zbu.ModelsBuilder' failed. One or more errors occurred.".

There are 2 or so existing threads on issues on Zbu.ModelsBuilder, but they do not help me:

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft