Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Usman 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 25, 2015 @ 13:20
    Usman

Unable to save Document type.. Java Scrip Error

Hi,

can someone please help me to fix this issue.

when i try to save or edit any document type, i am getting this error message on the bottom of the page and nothing get save.

Javascript:webformdopostbackoptions(new webformpostbackoptions("ctl00$ContentTypeControlNew1$save","",true,"",""flase,true))

and same thing happen with Css file when i do some change in css file and try to save it this message comes up bottom of page and nothing get save.

javascript:__dopostback('ctl00$body$save',")

this is actually an alert which is showing bottom of the page and in the end I can't save anything.

Even i update my Umbraco verstion 7.2.2 to 7.2.4 but still m not getting the solutions..

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2015 @ 13:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Usman

When did this start to happen? Have you made a custom property editor or are you making use of some 3rd party property editors? Has there been made any other kind of changes to the project before this started to happen?

/Jan

Mar 25, 2015 @ 13:36
    Usman

Thanks for your quick reply :)

i am using webmatrix & umbraco control panel. it started last week i did alot of research online some saying change this to webconfig file etc . i tried alot but still i didn't get the solution.. i created contact us form using user control.

do u think because of this i am getting this issue but i even removed my contact us form and checked it but still unable to save things..

Thanks

Mar 25, 2015 @ 13:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Usman

ok - But the usercontrol should not have anything to do with it since it's something you're using on your website. Not in your Umbraco backoffice.

But I suppose the save function has been working up untill a certain point last week then? Did you do anything else than create the contact form?

/Jan

Mar 25, 2015 @ 14:02
    Usman

Hi Jan,

no i didn't do any change except i did my website private before that it was public. but i checked this change as wel.

i am using 2 java scripts in my project. one for the banner and 2nd one for adding the courses.

do you think they are conflicting with each other..

For Banner

@section AdditionalScripts {

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

<!-- bxSlider Javascript file -->
    <script src="/Scripts/bx-slider/jquery.bxslider.min.js"></script>

<!-- bxSlider CSS file -->
    <link href="/Css/jquery.bxslider.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function () {
           $('#bxslider').bxSlider(
           {
                auto:true,
                infiniteLoop: true,
                adaptiveHeight:true,
                mode: 'horizontal',
                speed: 1000,
                pager: true,
                pagerType: 'full'
           });
        });
    </script>

}

For Adding Courses

@section AdditionalScriptss { @

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    @

<!-- bxSlider Javascript file -->
    <script src="http://isotope.metafizzy.co/beta/isotope.pkgd.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
    $( function() {

// init Isotope var $container = $('.isotope').isotope({ itemSelector: '.element-item', layoutMode: 'fitRows', getSortData: { name: '.name',

number: '.number parseInt',
      category: '[data-category]',
      weight: function( itemElem ) {
        var weight = $( itemElem ).find('.weight').text();
        return parseFloat( weight.replace( /[\(\)]/g, '') );
      }
    }

});

// filter functions var filterFns = { // show if number is greater than 50 numberGreaterThan50: function() { var number = $(this).find('.number').text(); return parseInt( number, 10 ) > 50; }, // show if name ends with -ium ium: function() { var name = $(this).find('.name').text(); return name.match( /ium$/ ); } };

// bind filter button click $('#filters').on( 'click', 'button', function() { var filterValue = $( this ).attr('data-filter'); // use filterFn if matches value filterValue = filterFns[ filterValue ] || filterValue; $container.isotope({ filter: filterValue }); });

// bind sort button click $('#sorts').on( 'click', 'button', function() { var sortByValue = $(this).attr('data-sort-by'); $container.isotope({ sortBy: sortByValue }); });

// change is-checked class on buttons $('.button-group').each( function( i, buttonGroup ) { var $buttonGroup = $( buttonGroup ); $buttonGroup.on( 'click', 'button', function() { $buttonGroup.find('.is-checked').removeClass('is-checked'); $( this ).addClass('is-checked'); }); });

});

</script>

}

and after that i am calling these scripts in my master page

@RenderSection("AdditionalScripts", required: false) @RenderSection("AdditionalScriptss", required: false)

this is what i have done.

Any idea now?

Mar 25, 2015 @ 14:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Usman

That should not have anything to do with the issues in the backoffice since it's something you're rendering on your website, which does not influence the backoffice.

Could you have a look in the /App_Data/Logs file to see if it reveals any useful information related to this? Anything marked with "ERROR" or "WARNING" ?

/Jan

Mar 27, 2015 @ 15:04
    Usman

hi jan,

as per your advice i checked my log file as well . This is showing in my log file.

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String data) at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.Run() 2015-03-19 00:02:25,065 [17] INFO umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 19] Log scrubbed. Removed all items older than 2015-01-18 00:02:25 2015-03-19 00:02:32,373 [17] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 19] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing. The base url used in the request was: http://eurousc.azurewebsites.net:80/umbraco/, see http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/umbracoSettings/#ScheduledTasks documentation for details on setting a baseUrl if this is in error

may be now you can help me Thanks in advance.

Mar 27, 2015 @ 15:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Usman

Ok, so are you making use of some scheduled tasks somehow?

/Jan

Mar 27, 2015 @ 15:10
    Usman

yes. but my problem is document type css and users can't save or create but i can save templates.

Mar 27, 2015 @ 15:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Usman

I know...but since I don't know how your solution is setup and structured it's hard to come with any good pointers about what can be wrong. Who knows perhaps the scheduled tasks contain code that is actually the cause of messing up the backoffice somehow? :) (I don't know what you're tasks are doing for instance).

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft