Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anne Uth 23 posts 43 karma points
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 14:08
    Anne Uth

Multi node picker - no visible path when hover

Hi,

Im using umbraco 7.2.1 (an upgrade from umbraco 6). The customer asked why the path on hover in multi node tree picker is gone, and if he can get it back? I umbraco 6, you could hover the items in the picker and get the path to where the node is in content section.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 15:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anne

I think it's because the Multi node picker has been rewritten and this is an oversight from HQ perhaps. Originally the MNTP was developed as a part of uComponents that got merged into the core...so whoever rewrote the code has perhaps not been aware of this nice little thing.

I think that you should file an issue about it on the issue tracker so it can make it's way into the core.

Meanwhile I think you should be able to find the relevant file and add a title somewhere, which will display the path if you feel like it :)

/Jan

• Anne Uth 23 posts 43 karma points
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 15:37
    Anne Uth

Do you know where i can find that file and how to get title?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 15:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anne

I don't know the code base that well but you should be able to search in the source code here to get an idea https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=multi+node+picker - I just searched for "multi node picker" - Perhaps searching for "multinodepicker" or "multinodetreepicker" will give you some more accurate results - I suspect that the "multinodetreepicker" might be legacy though since it seems to be written in C# and I'm confident that the new one should be all angularjs based.

Hope this is enough to get you going :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft