Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TikTakToe 60 posts 102 karma points
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 10:48
    TikTakToe

custom section not showing in list - v7.1.8

Hi

I'm trying to add a custom section, as per http://www.enkelmedia.se/blogg/2013/11/22/creating-custom-sections-in-umbraco-7-part-1.aspx

[Application("HorizonHelp", "HorizonHelp", "icon-help-alt", 15)]
    public class HorizonHelpSection:IApplication { }

my applications.config:

<add alias="HorizonHelp" name="HorizonHelp" icon="icon-help-alt" sortOrder="15" />

my controller (just cribbed from the demo code):

public class HorizonHelpTreeController : TreeController
        {
            protected override TreeNodeCollection GetTreeNodes(string id, FormDataCollection queryStrings)
            {
                var nodes = new TreeNodeCollection();
                var item = this.CreateTreeNode("dashboard", id, queryStrings, "My item", "icon-truck", true);
                nodes.Add(item);
                return nodes;

}

protected override MenuItemCollection GetMenuForNode(string id, FormDataCollection queryStrings)
            {
                var menu = new MenuItemCollection();
                //menu.DefaultMenuAlias = ActionNew.Instance.Alias;
                //menu.Items.Add<ActionNew>("Create");
                return menu;
            }
        }

my trees.config

<add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="HorizonHelp" application="HorizonHelp" title="Horizon Help" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder-open" type="Umbraco.Extensions.Events.HorizonHelpTreeController, Umbraco.Extensions" />

Now when i nav to the dashboard, the custom section doesnt show up in the sections list in the user area, although I can navigate there by url

enter image description here

So my question are

1. why doesnt it show up?
    2. how can i edit the labels [HORIZONHELP] AND [sections_horizonhelp] to something more friendly

I've tried deleting the temp folder, updating the client dependency, touching the web.config but still no joy

help!

thank

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 10:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there

Have you remembered to provide access to the custom section in the "Users" section? This is usually what people tends to forget - I have forgotten it many times.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• TikTakToe 60 posts 102 karma points
    Mar 28, 2015 @ 16:18
    TikTakToe

Hi Jan

thanks for the reply - the problem is, it's not even showing up in the section list, so i cant grant access as there's nothing to select!

Any ideas why it's not showing up?

thanks

ian

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 29, 2015 @ 19:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ian

Hmm, not sure what the issue might be then - I have had a look at your code and it seems fine to me at a first glance.

Have you tried simply clearing the browser cache or recycle the app pool to see if it will then appear?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft