Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert 63 posts 282 karma points
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 11:56
    Robert

Long list in tree

Hi,

Is there any way to manage a long list in the tree? I have a website with a lot of news items that are shown in the tree. Is there some kind of solution to display for example the 10 newest items in the tree with the option at the bottom of that 10 items (Show more) to see all of them? So that you have a collapsed view with 10 items that you can expand to show all of them in the tree?

Kind regards, Robert

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 12:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Robert

Sounds like you should try enabling list views on your "News container" document type. In the settings section you can go to your document type and under structure there is an "Enable list view" option.

This is made so that there is an option of having many items stored under a node but without getting that awful long tree.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 27, 2015 @ 12:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hello again - Can't remember of list views are active on versions lower then 7 though - V7 is required for this kind of functionality.

/Jan

• Stephen Roberts 47 posts 516 karma points c-trib
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 12:27
    Stephen Roberts

Hey Robert,

What version of umbraco are you running? If it's 7 you might be able to use the List view for child nodes which you can find more information on here http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2014/10/28/umbraco-720-beta-out-now

Other than that, you might be able to use the backoffice node rendering events, https://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/using-applicationbase-to-register-events/event-examples/remove-context-menu-items but rather than manipulating the content items, you may be able to remove items completely, although i'm not 100% on this.

Cheers Stephen

Mar 27, 2015 @ 12:34
    Robert

Thanks for the quick answers, i'm using 7.1.4 at the moment

Mar 27, 2015 @ 12:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Robert

Ok, then enabling list views is the way to go :)

/Jan

Mar 27, 2015 @ 12:39
    Robert

The list option does the trick!

I didn't knew this was possible :)

Thanks!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft