Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 20:18
    Robert J. Bullock

List View Creating Empty Rows On Document Create

This is a weird one... Every time I create a new document beneath a node with List View configured, I get the new document but it also inserts a blank row at the top of the list view... Screen cap below. Has anyone else run into this and how do you fix it?

Mar 27, 2015 @ 20:21
    Robert J. Bullock

Worse yet, you can't delete the empty row sometimes. For example, if I try to delete the top empty row in the image above, I get the following error:

Received an error from the server

Failed to delete item 2156

Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

EXCEPTION DETAILS:
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length
    STACKTRACE:
    at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.SimilarNodeNameComparer.Compare(String x, String y)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.CompareKeys(Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.QuickSort(Int32[] map, Int32 left, Int32 right)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
       at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.EnsureUniqueNodeName(Int32 parentId, String nodeName, Int32 id)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.PersistUpdatedItem(IContent entity)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.PersistUpdatedItem(IEntity entity)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit(Action`1 transactionCompleting)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit()
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.MoveToRecycleBin(IContent content, Int32 userId)
       at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ContentController.DeleteById(Int32 id)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 20:56
    Robert J. Bullock

REALLY need help figuring this out... This is a show stopper. Running two installs, 7.2.1 and 7.2.4 and the error occurs in them both.

Mar 27, 2015 @ 20:59
    Robert J. Bullock

Actually what I've discovered is that whether I'm in list view or not, everytime I create a new node, TWO new nodes are created, one that is empty, with no name or anything... 

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 21:05
    Nicholas Westby

What packages do you have installed?

Mar 27, 2015 @ 21:12
    Robert J. Bullock

Archetype, Config Tree and Diplo Trace Log Viewer...

Mar 27, 2015 @ 21:17
    Robert J. Bullock

Watching console I just saw this Javascript error go by:

TypeError: Cannot read property '$setViewValue' of undefined

at Object.fn (umbraco.controllers.js?cdv=1639228178:5038)

at Object.$get.e.$digest (angular.min.js?cdv=1639228178:90)

at Object.$get.e.$apply (angular.min.js?cdv=1639228178:92)

at j (angular.min.js?cdv=1639228178:101)

at r (angular.min.js?cdv=1639228178:104)

at XMLHttpRequest.v.onreadystatechange (angular.min.js?cdv=1639228178:106)

Mar 27, 2015 @ 21:20
    Robert J. Bullock

Oh wow, I found it... it was an old dll that had an action handler in it! 

Hmmmm, so how do I delete these orphaned nodes with no properties that can't be deleted in the UI?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Mar 27, 2015 @ 21:30
    Nicholas Westby

Have you tried disabling list view, then right clicking the node in tree view and deleting it?

You could try modifying the JavaScript so it doesn't throw an error when it encounters unexpected data (your JavaScript console may help you recognize which files you may need to modify). In general, they are either in the Umbraco folder or the Umbraco_Client folder. You may have to clear your browser cache, delete the contents of the App_Data/TEMP folder, and recycle your app pool after making the JavaScript changes before they take effect.

Alternatively, you could try to find them in the Umbraco database. You'll have to be careful, as there may be references to those nodes in multiple tables. You'd have to poke around in the database to figure out exactly how to identify the corrupt nodes. And you may have to do some republishing and reindexing of Examine after you are done.

By the way, was the DLL a package, or was it something you developed internally? Might be useful to make note of that here in case somebody else encounters this problem (I vaguely remember encountering something like that myself in the past).

Mar 27, 2015 @ 22:56
    Robert J. Bullock

It was a DLL I created for v6... it basically gave a node a Title property automatically based on the value of the document name IF the title field was left blank. Umbraco 7 must do things in a different order because the handle no longer works right. Oh well, live and learn... Did have me worried a bit though. ;-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft