Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Williams 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 30, 2015 @ 01:54
    Gary Williams

Page Not Rendering

I have a mystery that I am having troubles figuring out.  I have a page that under certain circumstances does not render.  The layout for the page renders, but the content does not.  If I republish the page, then the content shows up. The log does not seem to show any reason for this.  After some period of time, the content does not render any more.  This is an MVC based site, and if I set a breakpoint in the first line , the breakpoint is never it.

Here is where it gets even weirder.  I went to the page and put ?UmbShowDebugTrace=true and the page rendered.  I then took that off the URL and the page rendered.  I refreshed the page a few minutes later and the content was blank again.

[Edit]When I refresh the page again with ?UmbDebugShowTrace=true, the race shows FindPublishedContent is returning a content page other than the one I want.

I'm losing my mind!  Where should I look to diagnose this issue?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 30, 2015 @ 05:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gary and welcome to our :)

What exact version of Umbraco are you using? And are you by any chance using macro caching? If so...what are you caching and for how long? Have you made any kind of 3rd party integration? Or is it just plain Umbraco stuff?

/Jan

Mar 30, 2015 @ 05:28
    Gary Williams

Hi Jan, thanksfor the reply.  I was using 7.2.1 but then ugraded to 7.2.4.  I am not using macro caching, at least not that I am aware of.  It is a basic Umbraco installation that initially was a standalone download and then integrated with the MVC site with NuGet.  No third party stuff.  I would guess that it is something in the database, but at this point do not know where to look.  I have downloaded the source, but that failed even before I could trace into the code to figure out why it was failing.  So I am still not any further.

Mar 30, 2015 @ 23:46
    Gary Williams

It turns there was another node in the content tree with the same URL.  I had expected that the URL name would follow the same structure as the content tree, but that turned out to not be the case.  Once I renamed that node, which also renamed the URL, all worked well.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 05:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gary

Ok, that's really weird - That should not be necessary. Did this work fine before the upgrade? Or were the pages created after the upgrade?

Could you show where the pages are placed in the structure? Trying to figure out whether this is a bug since Umbraco should not have issues with pages having the same name if there placement in the structure is different. Usually if one creates 2 pages as siblings with the same name the second page will have (1) appended to the name automatically to avoid issues.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft