Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Remko 118 posts 283 karma points
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 16:36
    Remko

Locking of Examine Index keeps happening, whats wrong??

We have a big problem with our site. It often happens the Examine Indexes get locked, most of the times when a node with many children gets published. But this shouldn't be a problem, right?..

A write.lock file appears in both Internal AND External folder in App_Data folder. The write.lock is can't be manually removed, because the w3wp process keeps this file locked by itself. 

Because it's a website we much content, we use Examine to deliver the content on the website, but when the Index is locked, publishing content is useless then, it won't appear on the site... This is added to logfile when publishing:
    "System.Exception: Cannot index queue items, the index is currently locked,, IndexSet: InternalIndexSet"

Does anyone have the same problems? Anyone know any solutions? Would be great if someone could help.

We're using: Umbraco version 7.2.2 assembly: 1.0.5529.18522

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2015 @ 08:44
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Remko,

Can you tell me something more about the server setup ? Are you perhaps on a load balanced environment.

Dave

Apr 01, 2015 @ 12:31
    Remko

Hi Dave, yes I can:

The website works one one server, so not loadbalanced.

It's a Windows 2012 operation system, installed within the cloud of Microsoft Azure.

The problem now seems to happen more often, every time a new Newsitem is published, the write.lock file appears and is in use by the w3wp.exe process. So it can't be removed manually. What could possibly a reason for this? We don't have any clue, and our customer is getter more sad/angry everytime it happens :(. We want Umbraco to give our customer a big smile instead ;-)

Apr 20, 2015 @ 16:05
    Remko

Nobody has this problem?

I've upgraded to latest Umbraco, but problem keeps appearing:

2015-04-20 15:33:48,576 [60] ERROR UmbracoExamine.DataServices.UmbracoLogService - [Thread 24] Provider=ExternalIndexer, NodeId=-1

System.Exception: Cannot index queue items, the index is currently locked,, IndexSet: ExternalIndexSet

It's driving me nuts, can anyone please help me with this one??

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Jul 03, 2015 @ 15:25
    Craig Cronin

Hi,

Have you managed to find a solution to this problem? I think something like this is happening to my new install and I have a tight deadline?

• Jorge Luna 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 12, 2015 @ 16:09
    Jorge Luna

Hi Everybody...

I am running into the same problem in our QA machine. I applied the latest patches for our Windows Server 2012 R2 and that solved another issue we were having with Umbraco restarting on every content change. But now that this problem is gone We are still experiencing the issue with this message:

"Provider=InternalMemberIndexer, NodeId=-1 System.Exception: Cannot index queue items, the index is currently locked,, IndexSet: InternalMemberIndexSet"

This is recurrent and consistent with any content that we try to update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jorge.

• Stefan van Leusden 21 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 15:00
    Stefan van Leusden

@Jorge Luna, looks like we're struggling with the same issue. Do you have by chance any update on this?

Thanks, Stefan

• Anders Ekelund 3 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 06, 2016 @ 13:10
    Anders Ekelund

Hi everyone,

we also got this problem at our production environment running on a single server and Umbraco 7.3.0.

Has anyone found a solution on this? Will it help to upgrade Umbraco?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 08, 2016 @ 08:52
    Ismail Mayat

Guys,

I have similar issue see https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/74731-examine-corruption-issues there is an issue log on umbraco issue tracker

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft