Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael 125 posts 409 karma points
    Apr 01, 2015 @ 15:14
    Michael

SeoChecker 1.8.1 + Umbraco 7.1.4 Error

After updating from 1.5 to 1.8.1 I have error on sitemap.xml file

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       SEOChecker.Core.Config.Configuration.(String , String ) +128
       SEOChecker.Core.Extensions.UmbracoExtensions.NodeExtensions.IsHiddenDoctypeInXmlSitemap(Node node) +35
       SEOChecker.Handlers.HttpHandlers.XmlSitemapHandler.(HttpContext , List`1 , Int32 ) +85
       SEOChecker.Handlers.HttpHandlers.XmlSitemapHandler.RenderXmlSiteMap(HttpContext context) +313
       SEOChecker.Handlers.HttpHandlers.XmlSitemapHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +169
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +912
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +164

• Richard Soeteman 4045 posts 12898 karma points MVP 2x
    Apr 02, 2015 @ 13:38
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Is this the issue where we had email conversation about?

Best,

Richard

Apr 13, 2015 @ 15:45
    Michael

Hi Richard,

Sure!

Thanks,

• Emil Christiansen 66 posts 148 karma points
    Nov 06, 2015 @ 13:53
    Emil Christiansen

What was the issue and fix on this one?

I have the same problem...

Nov 06, 2015 @ 14:50
    Michael

Hi,

If you have multiple root nodes.

Best to assign a real domain in that case then they appear correctly in the domain settings of SEO Checker as well. Otherwise SEO Checker is “guesssing” the first published domain is the root for the site.

Thanks, M

• Richard Soeteman 4045 posts 12898 karma points MVP 2x
    Nov 09, 2015 @ 15:50
    Richard Soeteman

Sorry I didn't get notifications from this thread but indeed Make sure to assign domains and make sure that the domain node is not in recycle bin. I have a fix for that in case you need it before release of the full version mail me [email protected] for the fix.

Best,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft