Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pantelis 53 posts 107 karma points
    Apr 04, 2015 @ 13:12
    Pantelis

Hide or lock Member Type properties

Hi, I've been searching the forum for a way to hide or (preferably) lock some properties so that backend users cannot edit them but all I could find was a "tab hiding" project which doesn't seem to work in v7.

Has anyone accomplished that?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2015 @ 13:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pantelis

I think that the closest you get in v7 is this package called "Backoffice tweaking", which you can find here https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/backoffice-tweaking

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 04, 2015 @ 13:18
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Pantelis,

Have a look at the Backoffice Tweaking package with this packages you should be able to hide some backoffice controls (tabs, properties, buttons, panels, ...) for certain User Types, Users and/or Content Types.

And the package is bulid for Umbraco 7. Right now it´s in beta. https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/backoffice-tweaking

Hope this can be a solution for you.

/Dennis

Apr 04, 2015 @ 13:40
    Pantelis

Thank you very much both, that looks perfect for what I want!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2015 @ 13:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pantelis

Sounds good - But you should be aware that it can potentially have some undesired effects since I think it rely's on the underlying code of the Umbraco backoffice and if you upgrade umbraco at some point there might be breaking changes making this package mess things up.

It's just something that you should keep in the back of your mind if it's necessary to upgrade at some point.

/Jan

Apr 04, 2015 @ 14:03
    Pantelis

Ok, that sounds a bit discouraging for using this package, if I do I'll make sure to remember that before any upgrade. Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft