Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shada 55 posts 137 karma points
    Apr 06, 2015 @ 11:58
    Shada

members not found

Hi! In log file I see an error which was a few days ago:

2015-04-03 12:30:56,630 [7] ERROR umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1[[System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] - [Thread 18] Error executing query SELECT * FROM icUrlTracker WHERE Is404 = 0 AND ForceRedirect = @forceRedirect AND RedirectRootNodeId = @redirectRootNodeId AND OldRegex IS NOT NULL ORDER BY Inserted DESC

System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)

at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters)

at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)

2015-04-03 12:30:56,631 [7] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 18] An unhandled exception occurred

umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)

at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters)

at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.Modules.UrlTrackerModule.UrlTrackerDo(Boolean ignoreHttpStatusCode) in c:\Users\kipusoep\Documents\GitHub\UrlTracker\Modules\UrlTrackerModule.cs:line 215

at InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.Modules.UrlTrackerModule.context_AcquireRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\kipusoep\Documents\GitHub\UrlTracker\Modules\UrlTrackerModule.cs:line 53

at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

This error occurred for 4 hours and then everything went back to normal. Now when I want to find a members or users can't I find it. If I resave the member, it is searched. But I have hundreds of members. Any ideas how to fix.

Tnaks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 06, 2015 @ 12:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shada

That seems very odd - What version of Umbraco are you using? And is the site hosted on a shared hosting environment or on a dedicated server? Don't know if it might be worth trying to rebuild the examine indexes in the "Developer" section using the "Examine dashboard?

/Jan

Apr 06, 2015 @ 12:39
    Shada

Jan Skovgaard, Umbraco version 7.2.0. The site is hosted on a dedicated server. I tried clear umbraco.config, restart the app pool, republish site

Apr 06, 2015 @ 12:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shada

Ok - But did you try rebuilding the examine index as I suggested above? When you go to "Developer" section there will be a "Examine indexes" tab and when you click it there will be a dashboard where you can rebuild the different indexes from.

/Jan

Apr 06, 2015 @ 13:13
    Shada

Jan Skovgaard, this has helped! Rebuilding examine the index solved my problem. Thanks

Apr 06, 2015 @ 13:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shada

Very happy to hear that - Remember to mark the topic as solved so others can go straight to the solution if they come across this post.

Happy umbracoing :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft