Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hywel Lewis 37 posts 138 karma points
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 16:28
    Hywel Lewis

Umbraco Forms - Uploads as Email Attachments

Just in the process of moving over from contour to forms, and have hit a stumbling block.
    In contour with the ability of contour contrib you could configure emails to deliver any uploads as attachments.

So far I have been unable to find out if this is at all possible with forms.

Does anyone know if this is at all possible and have I missed the big labelled tick box

Thanks in advance

Hywel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 17:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hywkel

My bet is that it's not currently something that is possible - I think you should add it as a feature request on the issue tracker for forms/contour at http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/con

Not sure how else to achieve the functionality right now...

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 19:19
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hywkel,

It should be possible in the next release of Umbraco Forms, try to see this tweet from Tim Geyssens, https://twitter.com/timgeyssens/status/585350447680061440

/Dennis

• Hywel Lewis 37 posts 138 karma points
    Apr 14, 2015 @ 11:13
    Hywel Lewis

HI all Just to update this thread,

Tim "The Legend" Geyssens has update the core code to allow for multiple file attachments on the default send email workflow,
    the updated files needed are below ,I would imagine this will be updated fully in one of the next releases 

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/nightlies/UmbracoForms.Files.4.0.4-WIP.Build.40.zip

Tim - #H5YR

:)

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 10:17
    Ansar

I can not get this working on Umbraco 7.2.2 

The error i s

Error loading Partial View (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/ContourMailSystem.cshtml). Exception: System.ArgumentException: At least one object must implement IComparable. 

Full Trace added below.. 

2015-04-21 13:40:38,798 [34] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 76] Log scrubbed.  Removed all items older than 2015-02-20 13:40:38
    2015-04-21 13:41:05,459 [34] ERROR Umbraco.Forms.Data.LogHelper - [Thread 44] Forms: workflow 'Send Email' failed on Submitted
    System.FormatException: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.
       at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ReadCfwsAndThrowIfIncomplete(String data, Int32 index)
       at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ParseAddress(String data, Boolean expectMultipleAddresses, Int32& index)
       at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ParseMultipleAddresses(String data)
       at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressCollection.ParseValue(String addresses)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendEmail.Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\133677a4e37ceece\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers\WorkflowTypes\SendEmail.cs:line 70
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List`1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e)
    2015-04-21 13:41:09,375 [34] WARN  umbraco.macro - [Thread 11] Error loading partial view macro (View: ~/Views/MacroPartials/ContourMailSystem.cshtml). Exception: System.ArgumentException: At least one object must implement IComparable.
       at System.Collections.Comparer.Compare(Object a, Object b)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.CompareKeys(Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.QuickSort(Int32[] map, Int32 left, Int32 right)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
       at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
       at ASP._Page_Views_MacroPartials_ContourMailSystem_cshtml.Execute() in e:\Projects\DMG Projects\Adipec\httpdocs\Views\MacroPartials\ContourMailSystem.cshtml:line 103
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
       at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ControllerExtensions.RenderViewResultAsString(ControllerBase controller, ViewResultBase viewResult)
       at Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroEngine.Execute(MacroModel macro, IPublishedContent content)
       at umbraco.macro.LoadPartialViewMacro(MacroModel macro)
       at umbraco.macro.renderMacro(Hashtable pageElements, Int32 pageId)
    2015-04-21 13:41:09,375 [34] WARN  umbraco.macro - [Thread 11] Error loading Partial View (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/ContourMailSystem.cshtml). Exception: System.ArgumentException: At least one object must implement IComparable.
       at System.Collections.Comparer.Compare(Object a, Object b)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.CompareKeys(Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.QuickSort(Int32[] map, Int32 left, Int32 right)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
       at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
       at ASP._Page_Views_MacroPartials_ContourMailSystem_cshtml.Execute() in e:\Projects\DMG Projects\Adipec\httpdocs\Views\MacroPartials\ContourMailSystem.cshtml:line 103
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
       at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ControllerExtensions.RenderViewResultAsString(ControllerBase controller, ViewResultBase viewResult)
       at Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroEngine.Execute(MacroModel macro, IPublishedContent content)
       at umbraco.macro.LoadPartialViewMacro(MacroModel macro)
       at umbraco.macro.renderMacro(Hashtable pageElements, Int32 pageId)
    2015-04-21 13:42:05,221 [34] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 76] Log scrubbed.  Removed all items older than 2015-02-20 13:42:05

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 08:18
    Ansar

Uninstalled all and installed latest and works fine :)

• Lucio 24 posts 142 karma points
    Jul 17, 2015 @ 09:57
    Lucio

Hi all,

Does anyone have news about the extended email for umbraco forms?

Lucio

Jul 17, 2015 @ 10:01
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Lucio and welcome to our :)

What what do you need to extended email with in Umbraco Forms, You have full control over the email content if you are using the Send xslt transformed email workflow,

You can find the documentation here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/Attaching-Workflows/ in the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 17, 2015 @ 10:27
    Lucio

Hi Dennis,

Thank you very much. I was looking the way to send the uploads as attachments on the email as in the contour contrib extended email workflow.

The only way to do this is creating a new xslt transformed email workflow?

Thank you, Lucio

Jul 17, 2015 @ 10:44
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Locio,

No you can do this in Umbraco Forms too by default. If you are using the Umbraco Foms version 4.1 or newer.

Try this see my comment in this thread below

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/64180-Umbraco-Forms-email-workflow-Full-path-of-uploaded-files-or-files-as-attachments#comment-222562

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 17, 2015 @ 10:53
    Lucio

Hi Dennis,

Great! That is what I was looking for :D Currently I am using the 4.0.2 version.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend, Lucio

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft