Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dimuthu Nilanka 4 posts 54 karma points
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 06:00
    Dimuthu Nilanka

Umbraco members area view all members in a group

Hi Guys,

I have several member groups in umbraco. I want to see all members for each group seperately from umbraco admin. I'm unable to find such a feature in umbraco. Is there a way do so?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 06:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dimuthu and welcome to our :)

By members in this context I think that you're actually referring to users that can log into the backoffice and edit content? Unfortunately there is no easy way of searching members of user groups easily.

Members in Umbraco terminology is people who can access a restricted area of the website itself. These can't access the backoffice. However it's possible to easily get an overview of these though - But currently the same functionalities are not available for the "Users" section.

/Jan

Apr 10, 2015 @ 06:18
    Dimuthu Nilanka

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your quick reply. actually I need members not users. can you show me the way I can view all members in a specific group from backoffice area.

Cheers

Apr 10, 2015 @ 06:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dimuthu

Ah ok, then it should be fairly easy if you're using Umbraco 7.2 - Then there is a "Members" folder, which you can expand and have either all members listed or you can click on each member group - It's making use of a list view, which makes it possible to search for certain members as well.

If you're not on a version that supports this then you should be able to see a dashboard by clicking the "Members" node if my memory is correct.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 10, 2015 @ 10:25
    Dimuthu Nilanka

Hi Jan,

I have umbraco 7.2 but I think we can only list member types not member groups.

enter image description here

Apr 10, 2015 @ 18:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dimuthu

Aaah yes, sorry my bad! You're absolutely right. I was thinking about the member types.

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible in any Umbraco version out of the box. Don't know of any packages that enables it either.

/Jan

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Dec 20, 2017 @ 14:15
    Edgar Rasquin

Hi Jan,

I'm looking, as well as Dimuthu, for some way to list all members of one membergroup.

Do you (or anyone reading this post) know how to accomplish this?

I am using newsletterstudio and I have about 2000 members that receive the newsletter. The way it's build right now its not manageable. I cannot click throught 2000 members to find out wether a member is in a specific group. I'm surprised no one else is asking for this. So I thought that maybe I'm missing something...

Is there a way of tweaking the backend so that in a membergroup, underneath its name, is a list of included members?

Seems kind of obvious, doesn't it?

Thanks, Edi

• John Daugherty 5 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 10, 2018 @ 10:52
    John Daugherty

Here's how I did it:

I have a helper class that I use throughout all my controllers, class libraries, etc. called "MembershipHelper" (creative names, ftw!), and in there I have essentially the following code:

public List<IMember> GetMembersByGroup(string GroupName)
        {
            return Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext.Current.Services.MemberService.GetMembersByGroup(GroupName).ToList();
        }

And then I edited \Umbraco\Members\EditMemberGroup.aspx to add the following lines:

At the top -

<%@ Import Namespace="....Membership helper namespace here...." %>

Down in the table area -

<tr>
              <td><br /><br />Members</td>
              <td><br /><br />
                  <%  var members = new MembershipHelper().GetMembersByGroup(NameTxt.Text); %>
                  <ul>
                      <%=(members.Count > 0 ? "<li>" : string.Empty)%>
                        <%=string.Join("</li><li>",members.Select(x => x.Name)) %>
                      <%=(members.Count > 0 ? "</li>" : string.Empty)%>
                  </ul>
              </td>
          </tr>

Apr 11, 2015 @ 15:32
    Dimuthu Nilanka

Hi Jan,

Anyway thanks for your answers.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: