Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Prothero 422 posts 1243 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 19:20
    Jason Prothero

Is it possible to have WebForms templates that allow a post-back event along side MVC views in MVC rendering mode?

In #Umbraco v7, can you have WebForms templates that allow a post-back event along side MVC views in MVC rendering mode?

I'm having trouble getting a post-back to fire.  The initial render does work and it calls the Page Load event in the code behind.

It seems like if we allow WebForm templates to render along side MVC templates shouldn't a post-back work?  If not, why not?

Thanks,
    Jason

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 19:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

It's not possible - User Controls can render just fine but you won't be able to submit data. Not sure why but I just recall it from level 2 training when v6 was new and shiny.

/Jan

Apr 13, 2015 @ 23:54
    Jason Prothero

Ah man, this would be nice to have.  It sure makes v7 upgrades / rebuilds more daunting for older projects.  In fact, upgrade is almost a misnomer at that point.

Thanks,
    Jason 

Apr 28, 2015 @ 23:31
    Jason Prothero

Turns out this is possible.  I was able to figure out the issue on our end and it was just an error in our code.  There was an MVC form inside the Webforms form.  

Thanks,
    Jason 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft