Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Taylor 873 posts 2086 karma points
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 15:58
    Matt Taylor

Umbraco 7.2.4 blank screen when logging in

I keep intermittently experiencing a blank screen after logging in.

Sometime the screen is completely white.

Sometimes I'll get this:

I've seen one post that suggested restarting the server but that's not really a good solution considering how often it occurs.

Any idea what's causing this and how to rectify it. At the moment I just can't log in.

Regards, Matt

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 16:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Just to see if it helps - I know it's not a permanent solution but would be nice to know if it works at all.

Have you been doing some member integration on the site?

Has the site been upgraded from a previous version or was it born on v7.2.4? If it was upgraded it might be worth trying to bump the version number in the /config/ClientDependency.config file and recycling the app pool to see if that helps.

Are you the only one having this issue btw? If you are then it's probably a caching issue with the browser for some reason.

/Jan

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 17:33
    Tim

If you're using Chrome/Firefox, turn the inspector on, and when it happens, see if a JS error error is getting thrown in the console. I've had that do similar stuff to the back office before in v7.

• Matt Taylor 873 posts 2086 karma points
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 17:43
    Matt Taylor

I generally use FireFox but the last time it happened I immediately tried Chrome only to have the same problem.

Rebooting the server worked once.
    Clearing out the cookies for the site seemed to work a couple of times but not always.

I've not been doing any member integration really but I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that Jan.

The site used to be an earlier version of 7, I upgraded in my dev environment before installing it on the production server.
    I will try bumping the version number in the /config/ClientDependency.config file and recycling the app pool next time.
    I'll try looking at the inspector too for JS errors.

It's not just me having the issue, my client has seen it too.

At the moment I've managed to get in, after clearing the site's cookies and waiting a short time.

It's rather strange.

Thanks, Matt

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 18:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Ok - Then I think it might help to bump the client dependency version number. But no promises though. Just seen many struggle with this post upgrading.

What I meant about the member-stuff is just that it seems that if you're making a website with a login feature using members it seems that there sometimes can be some conflicts if you're logged into the website and then want to login to the Umbraco backoffice.

But that's not relevant in your case then :)

Looking forward to hearing from you when you have tried bumping the client dependency.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft