Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan Nguyen 27 posts 80 karma points
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 18:09
    Ryan Nguyen

Unpublished Nodes causes macros error in grid layout

Hey Everyone,

Like the title say, I created a simple macro (Test) and adding it to the grid layout.  Everything works fine if the node has been published, however if the page is unpublished, here is the error I received.

"Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/Test.cshtml)"

Can anyone tell me how to fix the macro in the grid if the node is unpublished? Or if there is even a fix?

Thanks

Ryan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 18:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ryan

Could you have a look in the /App_Data/Logs file and see if it reveals more information about the error perhaps? I have not seen it before but unfortunately I have not been using the grid that much yet either :-/.

What exact version are you using btw?

/Jan

Apr 17, 2015 @ 20:18
    Ryan Nguyen

Jan,

The current version i'm using is Umbraco version 7.2.1 assembly: 1.0.5462.37503

2015-04-17 12:57:11,774 [6] WARN  umbraco.macro - [Thread 41] Error loading partial view macro (View: ~/Views/MacroPartials/Test.cshtml). Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: content

at Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroEngine.Execute(MacroModel macro, IPublishedContent content)

at umbraco.macro.LoadPartialViewMacro(MacroModel macro)

at umbraco.macro.renderMacro(Hashtable pageElements, Int32 pageId)

Thanks
    Ryan

Apr 17, 2015 @ 20:48
    Ryan Nguyen

It seems like this problem is fixed in the latest version of Umbraco version 7.2.4 assembly: 1.0.5557.19139.

However, if the page is unpublished, the macro will not render.  

Thanks

Ryan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft