Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Apr 18, 2015 @ 16:49
    Robert J. Bullock

Recyle Bin Won't Empty in U7

Has anyone else run into this problem? I can't empty my Recycle Bin in Umbraco 7. This was an upgrade from U6. If I empty the recycle bin, it *appears* to work, but when I reload the page, the items are back.

If I go into the recycle bin and select an item to delete manually, I get a 404 in the console for this:

http://localhost:59386/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/GetById?id=-20 ;

Any ideas?

Apr 18, 2015 @ 16:53
    Robert J. Bullock

Nevermind... I found that by rebuilding my Examine indexes it fixed the problem.

Apr 18, 2015 @ 16:54
    Robert J. Bullock

Oh, wait, I guess not! I did a full page reload and they're back. What's going on?

Apr 18, 2015 @ 17:39
    Robert J. Bullock

Ok, comparing my upgraded database to a fresh install of U7, there are all sorts of database differences. Yikes! Freaking out a little bit. All sorts of constraints are missing. Not sure how to fix this but I put a ton of work into the new site before the problem appeared.

Apr 18, 2015 @ 17:51
    Robert J. Bullock

I tried using the Microsoft SQL compare tool to update the database but get this error:

Checking existing data against newly created constraints

(1576,1): SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 547, Level 16, State 0, Line 21 The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_umbracoUser2NodePermission_umbracoNode_id". The conflict occurred in database "Umbraco.2015", table "dbo.umbracoNode", column 'id'.

(1556,0): SQL72045: Script execution error.  The executed script:

At least it's a clue. Hope I can salvage this mess. :-(

Apr 18, 2015 @ 18:02
    Robert J. Bullock

Sorry about this crazy thread! But I deleted the conflicting records from umbracoUser2NodePermission, reran the script the Microsoft Database Compare tool generated and everything seems good! Recyle bin emptying and all. That's a really nice tool for free!

I've been thinking for a long time that there needs to be some sort of "Umbraco Database Integrity Check" tool. With changes between upgrades or just coding errors, the database can get into a bit of a mess. It would be nice to know that your database is ok.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft