Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AmandaEly 123 posts 379 karma points
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 10:52
    AmandaEly

Media Dashboard unworkably slow with thousands of images and hundreds of folders

Sorry to start off yet another thread. But I need to refine what I said in the last one. I understand that I can probably speed up image queries by using Examine correctly (I haven't tried this yet). But before that happens I need to be able to sort all the legacy images and their folders. Not only I need to do this but other users of the Umbraco backend, who are not tech wizards. 

I really wanted to use Umbraco for everything but not at all sure I can. I have plenty of space on the host I am going to use. The trouble is, that Umbraco is incredibly slow (several minutes) at moving foldres, renaming folders and sorting folders. I get timeouts, hangs and all kinds of things. I really can't ask hardworking non-techy members of the club that created all these images to put up with this.

Do how do I speed up the media Dashboard?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 22:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Amanda,

Did you find a solution? What about your database server ? Maybe it's very slow ?

Thanks

• AmandaEly 123 posts 379 karma points
    Apr 25, 2015 @ 18:23
    AmandaEly

Not sure. I am still draggin glots of other data over from the old site, so haven't tried viewing the images on an actual page. I have a feeling it got a bit better (perhaps something happened with the XML file?). But to be honest, I don't even know where to look for that (I did try).

• Lazau Florin 74 posts 210 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 13:14
    Lazau Florin

Hello,

Any updates here? I have the same issues.

Thanks, Florin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft