Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dave 36 posts 149 karma points
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 14:33
    dave

Visual Studio with Umbraco 7

I am new to Umbraco. I was able to setup my site and articulate blog (using nuget). This all seems good, very impressed. It created a solution with cshtml/css type files (all files that don't need building)

I opened up the solution with visual studio 2013. I have few questions that I am sure have pretty simple answers.

a) When opening in vs.net, why are most of the files and folders excluded from the solution/project? Is this how it should be? (Or should I include them in the project by using vs.net 'Include in project'?

b) It appears the installation from nuget does not need compiling as only ui files (html).

c) the cs files for the dlls can be found here [https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/][1] (does this zip from github include all the html/cshtml files as well)

So downloading the zip and extracting. I can open this in vs.net and build the cs files to create the dlls. What is the best way to get the dlls from this solution into the umbracosetup solution which the web uses?

So i now have 2 folders on my system. The site from nuget and another from git hub with the cs files and the html folders.

Should i remove the nuget installation and re-setup based on the github src folder? I am a bit disorientated with these 2 downloads/approaches. What is the recommended approach going forward?

Is it setup this way as most people would not be modifying the umbraco code?

If i do have modules/cs code that I want included what is the best approach for building my .cs files and deploying with the umbraco code?

Any insight would be great to get me setup correctly.

thanks -dave

• dave 36 posts 149 karma points
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 14:39
    dave

Anyone?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft