Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian 24 posts 44 karma points
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 19:10
    Brian

Unable to submit any form using Umbraco Forms

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a strange string of errors here. It started with me installing Contour, and then uninstalling it to try out the Umbraco Forms.

First, I created a form, just like the uHangout video. Then I made the template page I wanted to add it to. Here is where the first error came.

Umbraco back office would not let me add the macro InsertUmbracoForm. I had to create a new macro that would call that macro to even get it to work.

The page finally rendered the form I had created. Now, everytime I go to submit a form on the website, I'm greeted with an error page saying,
    "

The column name is not valid. [ Node name (if any) = ,Column name = UniqueId ]
    "

Has anyone expierenced this before? and if so, How can I work around this?

Thanks!
    Brian

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 23:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

Not sure what's going on here - What exact version of Umbraco are you using? And have you tried exploring the /App_Data/Logs file to see if there are any entries marked with "ERROR" related to the above, which may provide some more details?

Is this an installation, which you're using for learning Umbraco and Forms or is it something you're working on that should go into production? If it's just for learning then setting up a new installation installing forms from the start might be better since I suspect something has gone terribly wrong somewhere in the process.

/Jan

Apr 28, 2015 @ 15:08
    Brian

Hi Jan

This was an installation that should have went into Umbraco. There is definitely an error in these logs too hahaha.  There are quite a few. Can I post the error log here?

Apr 28, 2015 @ 15:53
    Brian

went into production. not Umbraco

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 20:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

Yes, you can post an excerpt of the log entry/entries marked with "ERROR".

Ok so it's something that's happening on your local installation then?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft