Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobbe 12 posts 33 karma points
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 13:57
    Tobbe

Problems with DocumentType property inheritance

Hi!

I have 2 DocumentTypes named "Home" and "Article", both inherits from "_Layout".

My property "contentMiddle" is displayed for "Article" (it even says "inherited from Layout") but it´s not displayed for "Layout" or "Home".

If I try to re-add the property I get the error "The following PropertyType aliases from the current ContentType conflict with existing PropertyType aliases: contentmiddle.".

I can see in the table "cmsContentType2ContentType" that both "Article" and "Home" is connected to "_Layout".

Current Umbraco version: 7.2.4. First installed Umbraco version in this project: 7.2.2

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 17:24
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Tobbe,

It's very strange, everything fine with docType inheritance at our projects. Maybe something wrong with render of nodes ?

Thanks

Apr 28, 2015 @ 08:45
    Tobbe

Hi! Thanks for your response.

Sorry I forgot to mention that in table cmsPropertyType the property "contentMiddle" is actually missing for "Layout" and "Home".

Shouldn´t this make it possible to re-add it at least from Umbraco UI? Why does it say "The following PropertyType aliases from the current ContentType conflict with existing PropertyType aliases: contentmiddle." when I can´t see that property?

I can see this table contains rows for "contentMiddle" for DocumentTypes "Article" and another I didn´t mention (Offer).

Apr 28, 2015 @ 09:14
    Tobbe

Hi again!

Maybe "contentMiddle" is created on some child-DocumentTypes, but not Layout and shouldn't therefore be inherited. Would this case give me the "The following PropertyType aliases from the current ContentType conflict with existing PropertyType aliases: contentmiddle." error?

If that is the case, shouldn't it be great if the error-message tells me that it is a children containing that property? And not actuallt "Layout".

• Urvish 252 posts 776 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 10:34
    Urvish

Hi Tobbe,

If any property is deleted in that case you can find this kind of error.

It remains in cache. So sometimes "Republishing entire site" solve the issue. So try to republish site and create document type.

If you can give document type structure here, than it would be more specific to solve your problem.

Regards,

Urvish Mandaliya

Apr 28, 2015 @ 10:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Tobbe,

It's hard to understand what properties and nodeTypes we are talking about )) Try to create node with Article node type and you will see all properties for sure, then we will decide what to do next ))

Thanks, Alex

Apr 28, 2015 @ 11:02
    Tobbe

I think we figured it out, see my last post. Am I right about the error-message? Then it's not a bug, just a little confusing error-message.

Apr 28, 2015 @ 11:33
    Alex Skrypnyk

Yes, Tobbe, it's not a bug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft