Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 18:08
    Aileen
    0

    Performance Issues with v 7.1.8

    We have 3 sites running in Umbraco v7.1.8 with a total of about 4500 documents. We have 2 load balanced servers which are pointing to a single file share.

    This week we have started having huge preformance issues where the CPU hits 100% and the memory keeps on increasing to about 1.5GB where it kills our servers. There is not a large amount of load on the sites.

    I've set the Private Memory Limit to 1GB on each of the webservers (each one has 3GB in total) so that the app pool recycles once it hits this limit.

    This site was originally v6.1.6 and was upgraded to v7.1.8 in February this year.

    We have about 150 rewrite rules using the legacy UrlRewriting.Net module. I have removed 50 of the rules as this is what we have last week with no issues, however the memory is still slowly climbing.

    I would like to remove all the rewrite rules and use IIS URL Rewrite instead however this will take some testing before we can go Live. I would also like to upgrade to the latest version of Umbraco but again we will have to do testing before we can put the upgrade live.

    Is there anything else I can do in the meantime to ensure my sites are stable?

  • Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 18:14
    Aileen
    0

    I should mention that the following errors are also getting logged (not sure if they're related):

    2015-04-28 15:27:26,480 [10] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 23] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing
    System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.Start(ApplicationContext appContext)

    2015-04-28 13:12:18,734 [11] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.KeepAlive - [Thread 8] Error in ping
    System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.KeepAlive.Start(Object sender)

  • Andy Butland 362 posts 1954 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 18:16
    Andy Butland
    0

    We found something similar to what you described in 7.1.8, also on load balanced servers - and there is a fixed issue that indicates there was a problem with that version that might be the cause.  Pleased to say we ugraded to latest version without any side-effects and this solved the issue.

    So that may be your best move.

    Andy

  • Son Pham 31 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 11:12
    Son Pham
    0

    In 7.2.2 I still have this problem. It took so much RAM over time and then CPU at 100% soon when there is not enough RAM.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft