Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Mulder 79 posts 272 karma points c-trib
    Apr 29, 2015 @ 11:32
    Robert Mulder

How to create a link to an anchor?

Maybe I'm totally missing something, but how can I make a link to an anchor on a page in the Wysiwyg editor? If it's an internal link on the same page I can simply type #thelink as the address, but when trying to make an anchor link to another page the url field turns read only once you select the page to link to...

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Apr 29, 2015 @ 16:28
    Matthew Kirschner

This feature used to exist in Umbraco 6, but was left out of (forgotten?) in Umbraco 7. You may vote for the issue here, but the feature is already planned for version 7.3.

In the meantime, considering using the Link to Document textbox for your internal links. If you have 301 URL Tracker redirecting your page movements/renames, you shouldn't have to worry about using absolute URLs.

• Antoinette Silago 21 posts 92 karma points notactivated
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 18:07
    Antoinette Silago

Hi, I figured out how to do that in Umbraco 7. I just added it to the source code available on the UI side.

enter image description here

Jan 27, 2017 @ 18:14
    Matthew Kirschner

Hi, Antoinette.

The source code editor is a wonderful tool, though it's not something I want (nor expect) our editors to know how to use. There needs to be a way in the Umbraco link interface to add an anchor modifier to links.

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 19:22
    Yakov Lebski

enter image description here You can enable anchor in rich text edit. Developer->DataTypes->Richtext editor

Jan 27, 2017 @ 19:27
    Matthew Kirschner

Hi, Yakov.

The issue isn't with creating an anchor. Rather, there is currently no way to create a link to an anchor if you're choosing a local link with Umbraco's link picker. The current workaround is for the editor to manually add a page's URL and anchor in 'Link to document' textbox, but this is not ideal.

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 19:46
    Yakov Lebski

Hm, you are right! I vote on this issue!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft