Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hutch White 89 posts 112 karma points
    Apr 30, 2015 @ 03:54
    Hutch White

Umbraco 7 Forms

I've installed Umbraco Forms on a 7.2.4 solution.  Froms package is there, I've created forms, but I have an issue.  I can't select the form as a macro in the RTE or in the Grid layout.  I can pick macros, but the 'Insert form' option doesn't come up.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 30, 2015 @ 05:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hutch

Have you checked that there is a "Form picker" in the developer section under the "Macro" folder? If so make sure that there is a checkmark in the "Render in rich text editor".

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 30, 2015 @ 05:31
    Hutch White

Well, I broke something trying to fix it, of course.

I uninstalled, reinstalled and now it doesn't show as an option in the left nav?

Apr 30, 2015 @ 07:06
    Hutch White

Ok, managed to fix that, but no, I do not have a macro for that.  Can you shoot me any parameters or settings that should have?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 30, 2015 @ 08:01
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hutch,

First of all, if you go to the developer section --> Partial view macro files, did you then see to files named InsertUmbracoForm and RenderUmbracoFormScripts. If you can see these files, then go to the Macro folder in developer section to, and click on the macro for InsertUmbracoForm. 

To use it in the grid layout editor, you need to ensure that the Use in rich text editor and the grid is checked, like this screenshot below as Jan already has mentioned. And you could do the same for the RenderUmbracoFormScripts macro.

You can use all your partial view macro files in the grid layout edior, you just need to check the use in rich text editor and the grid option.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 30, 2015 @ 16:46
    Hutch White

Yes, the partial view macros are there, but nothing for the Insert Form and Render Form Scripts under the Macros folder.  It's missing these.  I made a new macro for the Insert Form, but it doesn't work.  

May 01, 2015 @ 17:15
    Hutch White

Anyone have any ideas?  Really desparate here.

May 05, 2015 @ 16:02
    Hutch White

@Dennis or @Jan, any ideas?

• David Parr 48 posts 206 karma points
    May 05, 2015 @ 16:59
    David Parr

Hi Hutch,

In the parameters tab for the Insert Form macro you have make sure there is a parameter with the alias "FormGuid" (without quotes) of type Form Picker.

Thanks, Dave

May 05, 2015 @ 17:05
    Hutch White

It works now!

Thanks!

May 05, 2015 @ 21:42
    Hutch White

Oh man, I think something is just really broken in Forms.  I created a form and this is what I get:

From the looks of this, not only is a table missing but path references are bad?  That's not even close the the path and directory structure I have.

May 05, 2015 @ 21:51
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hutch,

Try to see TimĀ“s comment in this post, he has a script for Umbraco Forms, https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/63644-Umbraco-forms-database-table

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

May 05, 2015 @ 22:04
    Hutch White

I'm using SQL CE, per basic Umbraco install.  

May 05, 2015 @ 22:17
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hutch,

If you have WebMatrix installed then you can make sql queries to the SQL CE database http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/database.aspx You can get access to the database in the left corner of the WebMatrix program

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

May 05, 2015 @ 23:10
    Hutch White

Well, it only somewhat helped.  I created the missing table and now this:

May 11, 2015 @ 18:02
    Hutch White

So I finally got this to work.  It seems there is an error with using Forms with SQL CE.  Umbraco should't install with CE as default.  My opinion, but I've got it working using SQL Server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft