Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• khansaa111 25 posts 55 karma points
    May 04, 2015 @ 12:02
    khansaa111

create 2 site in same instalation umbraco

hello every body , in first , im sorry because i dont speak english very well ,

so i have alredy a web site umbraco , i finish it last week , and now i want to create an other website umbraco , so what i have to do , realy i dont knew

i must do a new instalation , like joomla word presse ? or work in same installation of umbraco , and modify some parametres ?

thank you ?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 04, 2015 @ 12:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Khansaa111 and welcome to our :)

Your english is fine - Don't worry too much about that.

In regards to your question it is indeed possible to have more than 1 website in Umbraco. But whether it's the right approach or not depends on the context - If you're doing a main website for a client that also has some minor promotion sites then it can perhaps make sense to have all of the sites within the same installation. Or if you're doing a multilangual site of course.

But if the site you're building is for another client or has another purpose than your original site then it might be worth setting up a new installation of Umbraco on a new server.

If you're doing some minor pet-projects then having both sites in the same installation of Umbraco is fine.

I hope this answers your question :)

/Jan

• khansaa111 25 posts 55 karma points
    May 04, 2015 @ 16:34
    khansaa111

thank you so much Jan Skovgaard :) ,

I understand your answer , & I have another question if possible , I create the site in a local network , then when I want to host it , is that it is displacement of directories , the same thing is wordpress or joomla or  is something else ?

Sorry for the inconvenience.thank you :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 06, 2015 @ 10:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Khansaa111

You're welcome :)

I'm not sure I understand your additional question though?

When you setup the site locally and need to deploy it to your webhost then you should copy everything (At least for starters - When you get more Umbraco experience there are some files you'll want to leave out but trying to keep things simple for now :)) inside the containing your Umbraco website too the root of your server-folder - If that makes sense?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft