Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Hvarregaard 21 posts 61 karma points
    May 10, 2015 @ 10:13
    Brian Hvarregaard

Moving from Wordpress to Umbraco - how do I handle this URL?

Hello,

Im moving my website www.greenweb.dk from Wordpress to Umbraco. I have a page on my website www.greenweb.dk/umbraco that is a landing page for all my Umbraco customers. How do I go about moving this to Umbraco?

What im thinking is that this will conflict with the common login screen in umbraco, that one will also be called www.greenweb.dk/umbraco. I need to at least make a HTTP 301 redirect of the old address to a new page. But then i cant login because that url will be redirected.

Any ideas on how to do this?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2015 @ 10:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

Haha, yeah that's quite a dilemma actually :)

Ehm, what version of Umbraco are you using? It's not advice-able to change this but I can see that in your case there really is no other option (That I can think of at least).

Something in the back of my mind tells me that this should become easier in later version but I can't remember if it's just something that has been casually talked about or if I have been dreaming.

But perhaps you can benefit from Chriztian article on 24days.in/umbraco where he explains a bit about how we (he, because he did the setup) managed to succeed doing it and why he urges others to not do the same - But you will need to see if you can do it of course.

http://24days.in/umbraco/2012/wrapping-up/

Hope this helps!

/Jan

• Brian Hvarregaard 21 posts 61 karma points
    May 10, 2015 @ 10:41
    Brian Hvarregaard

Yeah it actually first occurred to me that that whould be a problem after i made a page called "Umbraco" in the root of my site, then it struck me that this was going to be a problem. Im running version 7.2.4. In the new Umbraco site I called the page www.greenweb.dk/umbraco-cms to avoid this, but i still need to redirect all the old links to the new page.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft