Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Hvarregaard 21 posts 61 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 14:10
    Brian Hvarregaard

How do I make a generic popup Box

Hi,

I have a customer who needs a popup box. They should be able to configure it in the content section (text, color, width, height etc...). 

Im thinking that I would build a generic popup box, that I can use for other similar customers - thinking of making it as a package that i can install. When the popup is installed its site-wide.

Im wondering what will be the best approach for this. Right now im thinking on making a DocumentType with all the settings and no template. And allow the user to insert those below the front page (umbracoNaviHide = true)

Then I would make a partial view that handles all the markup and Javascript. In the top of the partial view I would traverse the content tree for a node (lets assume that there is only one). Read the settings and then have my partial view render these data (text and settings) into the partial view.

Is this a good approach or am I missing something. Is there a better approach for doing this?

• Brian Hvarregaard 21 posts 61 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 14:58
    Brian Hvarregaard

Just stumpled across this: http://24days.in/umbraco/2012/improving-callouts/

Is this the best approach? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft