Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damien Green 72 posts 134 karma points
    May 15, 2015 @ 10:51
    Damien Green

Issue with Dialogue Forum - Object Ref error during preview

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set up a forum within my Umbraco site using the Dialogue package. I've managed to create the forum including some sub-categories, but when I try to preview anything I get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Line 2:  @model Dialogue.Logic.Models.ViewModels.ViewAdminSidePanelViewModel
    Line 3:  @{
    Line 4:      var logOutUrl = string.Format("{0}?{1}={1}", Dialogue.Logic.Dialogue.Settings().ForumRootUrl, AppConstants.LogOut);
    Line 5:  }

I can post the stack trace too if that helps, but I think the above might be enough.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue and if so what did you do to fix it. I'm wondering if there's something I've missed during setup.

Many thanks,

Damien

• Alexander Prim 1 post 21 karma points
    May 26, 2015 @ 21:38
    Alexander Prim

Hello Damien

I'm having the same problem, did you by any chance get it to work?

Or if someone else know what to do I would be very grateful for some help.

//Alex

• Damien Green 72 posts 134 karma points
    May 27, 2015 @ 13:55
    Damien Green

Hi Alex,

I'm no longer experiencing the problem. I believe the issue was with the way I had set up my new forum. Can you check your settings against those for the example forum (that is the forum that is set up when you install the package). I suspect you've forgotten to set something. Unfortunately at the moment, the error messages are a bit generic, but hopefully some more specific ones will be available as the package matures. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but the problem went away once I'd checked my settings against the examples and I'm not entirely sure what it was that caused the issue.

Also be sure to create a registration and login page (available under create for a new forum). You don't need to do anything more than simply create the pages in question, everything else is done for you.

Cheers,

Damien

• Aaron 4 posts 25 karma points
    May 29, 2015 @ 12:52
    Aaron

Hi Damien,

I'm getting the same error as you, but on the example forum you get witht he installation. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Cheers

Aaron

• Aaron 4 posts 25 karma points
    May 29, 2015 @ 12:52
    Aaron

Hi Damien,

I'm getting the same error as you, but on the example forum you get witht he installation. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Cheers

Aaron

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft